Favourite Python member? Page 3

It would be between Chapman and Idle and Cleese and Palin and Jones for me.

Gilliam is their Ringo!

What did the other three Fabs call Ringo.....wasn't it 'the heart of the Beatles'.

Probably Palin, although I haven't seen too much of their output. I like Gilliam films in general though. Pointless comment over.

:)

Quote: Corey O'Graffor @ June 29 2011, 7:48 PM BST

Probably Palin, although I haven't seen too much of their output. I like Gilliam films in general though. Pointless comment over.

:)

Works but is seldom seen?

The visual style that Gilliam brought to the table was invaluable.
It was definitely a big factor in their unique kind of success.

Is this favourite Python member in Python stuff? Or favourite Python, not just in Python stuff?

Undoubtedly. If the question was 'most important' python then I'd put him near the top, behind Cleese and Palin. But as viewers identify with faces they see then he won't be as popular as the others.

I wonder how the near python, Tim Brooke Taylor would have got along. I think he may have done alright, but as a fairly minor one, in the Graham Chapman mold, good at the corporate world sketches and playing a woman.

Quote: chipolata @ June 29 2011, 8:09 PM BST

Is this favourite Python member in Python stuff? Or favourite Python, not just in Python stuff?

I assumed favourite Python in Python myself. If it's the latter then it changes my answer, as Cleese easily takes over there.

I love them all. But for the past twenty years Eric Idle has behaved like a massive egotistical self-aggrandizing cock, so I would say all of them apart from Eric Idle. Who is a cock.

Quote: Agnes Guano @ June 30 2011, 12:35 AM BST

I love them all. But for the past twenty years Eric Idle has behaved like a massive egotistical self-aggrandizing cock, so I would say all of them apart from Eric Idle. Who is a cock.

Did you watch He's Not the Messiah? If so, what'd you think of it?

I can't believe some of the replies! Gilliam's animations are consistently the least dated and most funny bits of the original series for me.

Quote: Kenneth @ June 30 2011, 12:47 AM BST

Did you watch He's Not the Messiah? If so, what'd you think of it?

That's my problem encapsulated there in a sentence. Eric fricking Idle is happy for any Python project to go ahead, unless of course Eric focking Idle is for what ever reason not the sole major name behind it. In which case Eric fulching Idle is going to retire to his splendidly built cock-shaped Hollywood pool filled with money and children's wee and fermented angel's tears overlooking the rolling seas of the Pacific in order to await the much more lucrative yet considerably quite worse offers that he seems to lap up. The cock.

Eric Idle.

Cleveland..