NewsRevue again! Page 76

Ive just written a sketch sort of.. Wooo Hooo.

I probably won't find it funny come tomorrow morning tho. It's funny now coz Ive had a glass of wine haha so Ive emailed it before I sober up.

There was something else I wanted to ask so feel free to answer this. With NR I noticed that when my song was in it that it changed in the running order, I understand that new material is added and older material may be removed so that would account for a few change in spaces within the order. But last time my song was number 15 or something and the following week it was 7 and I wondered if its just random what they think works best or is it topical so the material covering biggest news stories get used early on in the show?.

any ideas?

It's probably just how it fits with the rest of the show. I wouldn't worry about it - I'd just be pleased of the extra 50p.

Thanks for clarifying :D. 50p WoW! All those hours studying song lyrics trying to get lines to match suddenly seems worth it. :S

They often tinker around with running orders, as they know what bits work best side by side.

Sometimes it's to do with human logistics. i.e. If there's a sketh involving all, they might put a lone man or a tow man sketch or song on afterwards to keep things moving.

Thanks for replies :)

the week 5 and 6 running orders are taking their time. Isn't it week two of a new run now? Well at least this way I can pretend all four shows without running orders are filled with my stuff!

I've actually lost count as to where we are regarding runs. I've been a bit busy lately with other projects.

I thought the first week of the new run was this weekend, but I could be wrong.

Hey :) I think we are in the 2nd week of the new run...I think :$

Ah. Now we know where we are. :)

I think it's a good idea to include what is written, otherwise we end up sending material on people they're already spoofing.

Yes, but maybe your stuff will be better, Tim.

Quote: Ben @ June 6 2011, 2:28 PM BST

Yes, but maybe your stuff will be better, Tim.

Probably not rude or topical enough, Ben.

I'm trying to write a comedy song but really struggling I have never done it before and very unsure. Can anyone please post or pm a song they have had accepted to newsrevue or treason as a guidline? I would really appreciate it

Quote: blahblah @ June 8 2011, 11:51 AM BST

I'm trying to write a comedy song but really struggling I have never done it before and very unsure. Can anyone please post or pm a song they have had accepted to newsrevue or treason as a guidline? I would really appreciate it

Are you spoofing an existing song? If so I'd write down those words and double space so you can rewrite it.