Sexting (Sex Faxing) PSA

Hello,
My sketch group Why Hello John came up with this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nZTnLsnvKU

Please be brutal about it. We are serious about what we do and want to know what we are messing up.

Thanks!

I really didn't find it at all funny. Hard to pinpoint why, it just didn't gel with me.

Be interested to see what others thought.

It is (as many things are these days) well made.

It did look impressive.
But I didn't really get it.

We tried to equate modern day sexting to something trivial in the past; which was to send nude polaroids over fax machine. We wanted to try and catch the apocalyptic consequences of looking at a sax. At the end the young man has a change of heart and becomes a happy guy

But thanks a lot for watching and giving us some feedback. I really appreciate it.

Mark

can you describe what it was about our execution that made you feel off or detached from the scene?

It's a good idea but it doesn't gel for the following reasons with me

1 You're too fast in with the idea, he's sexting we don't know what it is and by 1 minute in you haven't explained.

2 Ok I get what sexting is but who is he sexting and why?

3 Why is he sexting so many people and why does a photo of his cock make them murder people?

4 You ain't Chris Morris drop the funky music.

5 Why is it call sexting? Doesn't sound anything like fax.

Calm it down play it as a regular PSA, with the only change being this (actually quite funny) idea of sending dirty faxes with a polaroid camera.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I think you are totally about being too fast. We had made up our minds that we would be quick and leave people wanting more, but it ended up making things feel rushed.

sootyj, since you have such good insite, do you mind watching our newest sketch about lawyers? If anything, watch it for the blackface....thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHTYE1PhyoU

Quote: Why Hello John @ June 1 2011, 5:34 PM BST

sootyj, watch it for the blackface....thanks!

:O

Is it just me?

Now that I liked! A bunch of fast paced gags with good punchlines and visual appeal.

Maybe if you could something more visual for the first one?

Other wise no suggestions, great stuff

And the black face gag really works

Quote: Marc P @ June 1 2011, 7:40 PM BST

:O

Is it just me?

Don't no what you're complaining about MarkP that's the sign on your Norfolk turkey plantation.

Still not keen. Fast paced but the gags are not very funny. Needs much tighter scripting.