Mr. Show with Bob and David Page 2

cool

Just started checking this show out on Youtube, love the Audition sketch. Dont think Id ever heard of this show before, its the kind of thing Paramount should be running, instead of endless Frasier repeats. Definitely going to purchase some of the DVDs on Amazon.

I can't recommend this show enough really. Buy all 4 seasons you won't be disappointed, one of the best sketch shows ever, closest to Monty Python and the type of sketch show Britain should be making, long sketches, no catchphrases and no recurring characters.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 18, 2007, 9:26 PM

Just started checking this show out on Youtube, love the Audition sketch. Dont think Id ever heard of this show before, its the kind of thing Paramount should be running, instead of endless Frasier repeats. Definitely going to purchase some of the DVDs on Amazon.

Worth every penny Matthew :)

I got the dvds on the strength of this thread and was disappointed by the first two seasons but it does get better from what I've seen so far of season three. I am a big fan of David Cross' standup in general but I think Chappelle's Show is a lot better...

Ehhhhhhh! :D Congratulations! Use of "DVDs" without an apostrophe, and without me editing your post! :D

Thanks to Martin introducing me to the show I've ordered the entire boxset... for £30!

I'm snapping up bargins left, right and centre!

And from what I've seen I rate it very highly :D

My favorite is the sketch with the Rock Band visiting the little burned boy in the hospital. So wrong! So very wrong!

-Erik

This show was genius. Very few recurring characters meant loads of fresh material every episode. I wonder if some of it is too American for you Brits? Much like I do not get Little Britain, The Thick of It, Have I got News For You, etc.

Quote: dingo @ January 26, 2008, 1:00 PM

This show was genius. Very few recurring characters meant loads of fresh material every episode. I wonder if some of it is too American for you Brits? Much like I do not get Little Britain, The Thick of It, Have I got News For You, etc.

We grow up with too much American television in this country, so stuff translates pretty well over here.

Much like I do not get Little Britain

An increasingly large number of us don't get that.

The Thick of It, Have I got News For You

You really need to have an at least basic understanding of British politics to get those fully. HIGNFY, a bit of 'celebrity' knowledge helps quite often too.

Bob and David can be found on Tim and Eric's Awesome Show Great Job. Search on Youtube for some clips. They are quality.

Quote: Aaron @ January 26, 2008, 2:49 PM

An increasingly large number of us don't get that.

You really need to have an at least basic understanding of British politics to get those fully. HIGNFY, a bit of 'celebrity' knowledge helps quite often too.

HAHA! That's what I am gathering about Little Britain. As for the others, that's exactly where it all lost me. Not a comment on the quality of the shows at all.

Quote: Leevil @ January 26, 2008, 1:07 PM

We grow up with too much American television in this country, so stuff translates pretty well over here.

Ah. I wouldn't have guessed that since we tend to relegate fantastic British TV to PBS stations on Saturday nights after 10pm. If only BBC America would get off the reality show tip. They have finally started series 2 of Life on Mars so that's good for the rest of the country who don't know of "alternate means" of acquiring shows. Before I get scolded I should mention that I buy the DVDs when possible.

You buy DVDs?! :S

:P

That was just cover, thanks for blowing it.
:P