MA TV and Radio Scriptwriting Salford Uni

Hi,

Has anyone done (or know anyone who has) the MA in Scriptwriting at Salford University? I've heard mixed reviews, I think the guy that wrote Lunch Monkeys has been on it. But I'd like to know what people think of it if they have any experience of it. Also, if anyone knows of any good scriptwriting courses in the North West, please let me know.

Cheers,
Joe

I know two people who have done it and at the risk of sounding like an idiot, it's like most creative courses - you get out of it what you put in.

the best thing about this course is it keeps you writing, and that's the only way to improve.

Salford have a good rep and the teachers seem to know their onions.

on the down side... it's in Salford.

Thanks Austin. And it doesn't sound stupid, I know what you mean.

Were the two people glad they did the course? I've talked to a couple of people who were quite indifferent once finished. Hopefully it has improved.

Apparently - I've just read it - it's moving to the media city so that's a better location, better than the main Salford campus anyway.

Quote: Joeono @ April 27 2011, 3:58 PM BST

I think the guy that wrote Lunch Monkeys has been on it.

Don't oversell it now...

Can't say I'm a fan either, but someone must like it, it's got another series.

Quote: Joeono @ April 27 2011, 9:28 PM BST

someone must like it

Other than Nigel Havers' bank manager?

You'd hope so wouldn't you.

Hi, I've been thinking about enrolling in the Scriptwriting course for this coming September. The course content sounds very good and the fact its moving to Media City is appealing as well. However after reading the below review I'm now having second thoughts....

http://www.ratemyuni.co.uk/review.php?id=88

Obviously it's a big decision financially (£4,400 in total) and I want to be sure before enrolling. There's an open day next month which I will attend before making a final decision.

Hope this helps.