Best Stand up EVER

I challenge anyone here to say they DIDN'T laugh at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlPnB4TYoWw

Best stand up routine ever. Best comedian I've ever heard (joint Number1 with Barrymore imo).

I didn't laugh. where do I pick up my winnings?

You'll have to share it Will. Not even a titter here.

Gollocks!

Quote: Will Cam @ March 28 2011, 8:11 PM BST

I didn't laugh. where do I pick up my winnings?

If you didn't laugh at that then you are conformist imo. The audience were conformist too. I don't mean that as an insult to you (or them) it just is what it is.

People tend to only laugh at what their peers like (i.e. mainstream rubbish like Peter Kay et al) as opposed to laughing at genuine comedy.

Quote: Badge @ March 28 2011, 8:12 PM BST

You'll have to share it Will. Not even a titter here.

See my comment to Will Cam :)

Quote: sootyj @ March 28 2011, 8:15 PM BST

Gollocks!

Also, read my above comment :)

No, Kanavan. Comedy is subjective. I didn't like it because I found no humour in it. It has nothing to do with conformity. I'm glad you liked it, though.

By the way, one could argue that by defining this comedy as non-conformist you are putting yourself into the category of someone who likes non-conformist comedy. In other words you are conforming to the conventions of non-conformism.

If you were really non-conformist you would like Peter Kay as well.

Quote: Badge @ March 28 2011, 8:19 PM BST

No, Kanavan. Comedy is subjective.

Not true.

For arguments sake, and taking into account my other thread on Michael Barrymore, condiser this:

Why did people like Barrymore in the 90s and not now? Could it be because he is unpopular and seen as a 'washout' or 'has-been'? Whatever the reason, he isn't liked because he isn't 'popular'.

By the way, one could argue that by defining this comedy as non-conformist you are putting yourself into the category of someone who likes non-conformist comedy. In other words you are conforming to the conventions of non-conformism.

But I don't conform to non conformism. I don't conform to anything. :)

If you were really non-conformist you would like Peter Kay as well.

Hardly. He's one of the most overrated comedians in the UK.

I think maybe they don't like him now because he got involved in somebody's murder.

///

Quote: Kanavan @ March 28 2011, 7:43 PM BST

I challenge anyone here to say they DIDN'T laugh at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlPnB4TYoWw

Best stand up routine ever. Best comedian I've ever heard (joint Number1 with Barrymore imo).

I think it's unfair to mock the afflicted.

I am APPALLED this thread isn't getting more comments. This is the BEST stand up video on YouTube.

Quote: Kanavan @ March 28 2011, 11:27 PM BST

I am APPALLED this thread isn't getting more comments. This is the BEST stand up video on YouTube.

I thought you were Disgusted.

Quote: Chappers @ March 28 2011, 11:29 PM BST

I thought you were Disgusted.

I thought you were an idiot.

...Oh, wait Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud