Ken Dodd

Did anyone see An Audience With Ken Dodd tonight? What an ultra talented man he is. That is what I call comedy and will never go out of fashion; hopefully.

Ken 'Not dead' Dodd
Is an excellent Comedian.
A real master of the art.

Only a true Brit can get it......oh, I get it

What about his Dad's dog though? Was it ever confirmed?

Quote: bushbaby @ February 26 2011, 8:31 PM GMT

Did anyone see an audience with Ken Dodd tonight? What an ultra talented man he is. That is what I call comedy and will never go out of fashion; hopefully

Agreed, the comedy of Ken Dodd can't go out of fashion, largely due to the fact it's never been in fashion.

I actually have a lot of time for Doddy, namely because I think that anyone who spends the best part of 60 years doing pretty much exactly the same routine deserves some kind of bloody-mindedness award at the very least.

I also remember Dodd (aka "The Man from Knotty Ash") making me (indirectly) laugh back in the late '80s, when he was done for tax evasion - in one of their spoof news articles Private Eye referred to him as "The Man from Naughty Cash". :D

Well, it made me laugh... Rolling eyes

How many NHS operations were cancelled due to the money from his taxes being missing eh?

The man's a murderer

Doddy's a legend, obviously. I loved him as a kid. He was one of the precious few comedians in our household that was enjoyed by all.

Although I went to see one of his live shows many years ago and it went on forever, by the end of it I was bloody sick of him.

I think that nowadays I like Ken Dodd the eccentric national treasure much more than Ken Dodd the comedian.

Quote: sootyj @ February 26 2011, 9:21 PM GMT

How many NHS operations were cancelled due to the money from his taxes being missing eh?

The man's a murderer

On the other hand, Dodd's helped us doctors immensely in the field of medical research. To study the effects of ageing, we simply examine Ken Dodd's audience on their way out.