Series writing opportunity

>>>>>THANKS FOR THE OVERWHELMING RESPONSE. NO MORE MAILS PLEASE
>>>>>>I will be in touch as soon as I'm done being overwhelmed

Hello everyone

I'm script-editing on a 26 episode TV series and we need one or two more writers. It's a stop motion animation project aimed at 8-12 year olds and set in an American school.

There is money but not a huge amount: 600 euros per script (it's a Spanish/Belgian co-production. In English. Set in the US. Yeah, I know). However, the stories have already been written and broken down into scene outlines - what they need added is funny dialogue, and lots of it.

The producer wants to stage a kind of writers' audition and then choose the most suitable writers for the job. If you're interested, what we'll do is send you:

1) some sample scenes from an already-written script;
2) descriptions of all the characters;
3) a story outline

and we'll ask you to write a couple of scenes on spec from that outline. If the producer likes your work and you're available over the next few weeks you'll be hired on the basis of one-script-at-a-time (including a couple of revisions) and then payment. He is a trustworthy chap and does actually pay up.

The scripts will be a maximum of 17 pages (the episodes are ten minutes long). I'll provide more details via email to anyone who's interested in the project.

Please send mail to Mike at: claykids.script - AT - gmail.com (no hyphens/spaces)

Any other questions feel free to ask here or by email. We're hoping to recruit a writer or writers this week, so get in touch as soon as you can if you want to try out.

Oh by the way, you'll need Celtx.

Seems like a good opportunity! Need to research Celtx though.

Celtx can be pretty good and it is free. Although I understand the "online/server" elements are subscription.

I've emailed you Mike Greybloke, can I suck up by saying what a big fan I am of your stuff on YouTube.

Esepcially all the stuff with the masks.

Rather tempting as it goes.

Quote: sootyj @ February 21 2011, 3:06 PM GMT

Esepcially all the stuff with the masks.

Those are my favourite episodes too.

Cool they really rock and that's not just not me sucking up.

Would you like me to suck up?

If that is not sucking up, then I for one do not want to witness you actually doing it.

There are a lot of emails coming in so I'll send a mailout tomorrow morning to everyone who's expressed an interest. Thanks.

Quote: Trabs @ February 21 2011, 4:04 PM GMT

If that is not sucking up, then I for one do not want to witness you actually doing it.

I do

Okay, NO MORE EMAILS please (I'm drowning here..)

If you emailed me before this post appeared you'll get more details today. Thanks for your interest.

I've sent details of the project out to everyone who emailed me, so let me know if you didn't get the mail.

Cheers! I have the email, I will look at it in depth at home!

Hello Mike,

The writers' pack you sent is great but I have a few questions:-

Ms Henderson--what exactly does she teach? And how does she refer to some of the characters, like Flippy or Motor, for instance? Does she use their nicknames?

Thanks in advance for your help. So, I guess this is goodbye. Wave

Haha, I wondered that too. I just made it clear she was referring to them in those scenes (she replies to their comments/taunts basically! :D )

I've written the second and third scenes, just trying to get the first one perfected as it's longer and I'm trying to get the gags/taunts/exasperated yelling to seem near enough like one long stream of dialogue Laughing out loud

So weird having to restrict myself from using swear words too, ha!

Have to say, The info given was quite informative, and it looks like you'll have a good little show on your hands. It's been thought out well! :)