Sketch Group Members Wanted - North Yorkshire

Hello good people. I'm looking for three or four of you to help me form a sketch group. I live in Northallerton though I think it is unlikely that I will be able to recruit enough people from this small town, so I am prepared to stretch the search as far as York (or further so long as you are prepared to travel to York and Northallerton). I spend a lot of my free time writing and as much as I enjoy it, it can get a wee bit lonely. I have performed stand-up a couple of times and really enjoyed it but I think it would be even better performing as a group. I have written a fair few sketches and would really like to perform them live.

It wouldn't be a huge commitment: You would need to be available every other Monday evening for potential script in hand performances at an open mic night in York. With writing sessions and read throughs possibly taking place fortnightly in York or Northallerton on Sunday afternoons. The aim will be to put on some full length shows later this year (or as soon as we're ready). These full length shows could include sketches, stand-up (I have at least half an hour of material), two 10 minute plays I have written, and comedy songs. At the moment I'm thinking of organising these shows as charity events at village halls in North Yorkshire.

Experience of performing in front of an audience would be preferred but if your writing is good enough and you have a desire to perform then you would still be welcome. It would be great if someone who can play guitar and sing wanted to join. I have a few ideas for songs but lack the musical ability to carry them off. You can view a few of my sketches at the following site: https://sites.google.com/site/martynjaypotentialcomedian/

If after that you're still interested in joining me then e-mail eyeofthepenguin@gmail.com to express your interest. I'd ideally like to see both genders represented. If you have any sketches for me to look at then that is a bonus.

I look forward to hearing from you.