Not Going Out - Series 4 Page 23

Quote: zooo @ February 12 2011, 1:52 AM GMT

It would be interesting to have two women vying for him, actually.

Is this a chink of light illuminating the subject matter of your sexual daydreams, dear zooo? Cool

That I want two women vying over me? :O

Quote: zooo @ February 12 2011, 1:55 AM GMT

That I want a women vying over me? :O

No!! That you have a bit of a thing for the Mack?

*gives up!*

Thing is, Aaron's Peep Show comparison isn't flattering to NGO. Despite NGO's reputation as a gag-based sythentic construction, I felt the first 2 series at least had plenty of trad sitcom elements including beleivable characters, motivations, etc. As time has gone on I am not sure that is true to the same extent. Peep Show's characters are more real. So they can get away (more) with changes to their circumstances and attitudes.

True. And, of course, Peep Show has the advantage of a) being non-studio audience, which tends to add some gravitas to the characters, and b) using the internal monologues, so the characters are constantly able to debate the pros and cons of their desires.

I suggest that NGO has probably strayed some distance from co-creator Andrew Collins (if not fellow co-creator Lee Mack's) original intentions.

I wouldn't go as far as that, but it would be hard not to acknowledge that Mack had to write/co-write a new series while on a busy tour that was surely in part designed to fill in a gap created by the series he had been led to believe he didn't have to write. That could play havoc with a man. As could this:

Quote: zooo @ February 12 2011, 1:55 AM GMT

I want two women vying over me

Sometimes you can't quite find the appropriate emoticon for that sort of thing.

Isn't the whole premise of the programme that Lee and Lucy are Not Going Out?

Quote: Badge @ February 12 2011, 1:46 AM GMT

*steps back for Aaron to slate IMDB*

Only if someone's relying on it as definitive! :)

I don't think the show would be that effected if Lee and Lucy got together, the interaction between them is of an old couple anyway.

Is there any news on a recommission yet?

Not yet. There was somewhat of a question mark over Vine's future involvement, which could rest with the success or not of his new time-travelling sitcom.

Time will tell then. Whistling nnocently

WAH WAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Quote: Aaron @ March 20 2011, 11:24 PM GMT

his new time-travelling sitcom.

Jees, I hope Sooty's not writing it.