Les Baxter's World of Shiny Things

Hello All:

I've recently launched an audio/visual blog thingie as a means of developing an idea. It's called "Les Baxter's World of Shiny Things", and it takes the form of a mock radio series from the 70s. Just click the soundfile - you don't have to read the text necessarily.

All feedback is welcome. I really appreciate it,

Here's the link: http://shinyles.wordpress.com/

Rob

I really enjoyed it. No huge laughs but still very entertaining and well performed. Nice work.

Bo.

Thank you, Bo. Much appreciated, sir.

Welcome to the site Robin.

Like Bo, I really enjoyed this. The production values were excellent and Baxter's voice really suited the character. Makes me want to hear more. I think this is a great idea and I wish you lots of luck with it.

Much appreciated, Will.

Check out episode 2, chaps. :) All feedback welcome.

Nice one; keep up the good work!

The jokes are kinda repeating (and not in a running-joke hilarity kind of way) and some are just falling flat (like the light bulb shining out of the arse gag) but the production values and excellent acting in general make up for it - so far!

Thanks for the comments, chaps. Taraxanoid, yes I can see the dangers of repetition. I really appreciate the feedback.

Hey Robin.

Nice production again and I did enjoy it. I am not so sure about the swearing and knob stuff. The first episode didn't have the same vulgarity. I think I prefer him with an underlying deviancy, adds to the charm.

Keep them coming!

PS where do you record them, are they professionally done ?(they sound it)

Cheers, Will. Yes, I hear you on the vulgarity front. I find it incredibly difficult to restrain myself! :) The recording is done at home, or at the homes of the contributors, using a Blue Snowball Mic plugged into an app called Cubase. The music is taken from a royalty-free bank of library music from the early 70s. Thanks again for the comments, much appreciated.

Rob