NewsRevue again! Page 67

It's good to see they're keeping it up-to-the-minute topical, with sketches about Jordan, Jeremy Kyle and snow. :)

Whats your problem eh?

It's a nice show.

One you don't seem to have the stones to write for.

Quote: sootyj @ February 5 2011, 11:32 PM GMT

Don?

I assume from "join the club".

Quote: sootyj @ February 5 2011, 11:38 PM GMT

One you don't seem to have the stones to write for.

*furiously starts writing dodgy parody song entitled 'Who Wants To Be A Milliband?'*

Ha doesn't scan does it.

Sootyj once more returns to his "throne of vindication" in the "smug cave"

Quote: sootyj @ February 5 2011, 11:44 PM GMT

Ha doesn't scan does it.

Exactly, it's a shoo-in! Cool

How would you know?

When by your own admission you haven't seen the palace of Wildean wit that is the News Revue?

*...moves on to write lyrics for topical Egypt/Take That crossover 'Mubarak For Good'...*

Not bad you're getting it.

How about

Millerband in the mirror.
Backin' Mubarack
Like a bat out of the EDL
I want to hold your Millerband

I think I stopped being funny exactly 13 months ago.

The post reediting helps.

I think the sneerers are in the minority, Griff, and some of them take serial sneering to an art form.

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 5 2011, 11:58 PM GMT

*...moves on to write lyrics for topical Egypt/Take That crossover 'Mubarak For Good'...*

You should write that Tim - it's a bloody good idea.

Quote: Griff @ February 6 2011, 1:54 AM GMT

Like any sketch show that has to be largely put together from scratch in a few days each week, Newsrevue has its hits and misses, but in my experience (and I have seen it at least 20 times) it is generally a good night out. And when it is on form I have laughed for almost the whole hour, as have the entire audience, which is not something you can always say about live comedy shows. It is fashionable to sneer at it on this forum, probably because of their open submissions policy. I don't care. Newsrevue are the good guys. They give opportunities for new writers to get their work in front of an audience, they have generally excellent performers and directors doing your stuff, and they pay a little money, more than a little if you get your stuff on at Edinburgh.

Jordan and Jeremy Kyle are both still on TV and in the press, and Jordan especially has been involved in big news stories recently. They're perfectly respectable subjects for a topical sketch show. Also, Newsrevue doesn't claim to be at the cutting edge of intellectual satire. It's more like a live Dead Ringers or Spitting Image.

I wouldn't take anything I say to heart. I'm sure it's all lovely. I just get very bored sometimes. And an idle mind... etc...
:)

Quote: Badge @ February 6 2011, 2:04 AM GMT

I think the sneerers are in the minority, Griff, and some of them take serial sneering to an art form.

Not sneering, more mild ribbing on what is still ostensibly a comedy website.

Anyway... I'll get me coat...

Errr 'Warp like an Egyptian'?.. sorry Tim :D

Quote: Griff @ February 6 2011, 1:54 AM GMT

Jordan and Jeremy Kyle are both still on TV and in the press, and Jordan especially has been involved in big news stories recently. They're perfectly respectable subjects for a topical sketch show. Also, Newsrevue doesn't claim to be at the cutting edge of intellectual satire. It's more like a live Dead Ringers or Spitting Image.

The problem with Jordan and Jeremy Kyle is that they're dull subjects. Topicality or even intelligence (as least to an 'intellectual' level) doesn't come into it, I'm afraid...

Youze wrong Mr Azure, they're the gift that keep giving.