Allo there.

Allo there, I'm going to use this thread to say things about myself. Hooray.

I'm Kris. Though you probably guessed that. And the name and the avatar and the signature (though in fairness you've probably not got to my signature, and if you have seen it, you're reading things in the wrong order) has probably given you a clue as to what I do. If you're bored of guessing games, I play the ukulele. And I sing things whilst playing the ukulele, too.

I would call my style somewhat varietish, or maybe comedish. It's kinda variety, and it's kinda comedy, but at the same time, I'm so new to doing this sort of thing, and mainly play to music audiences, which, is good. I am in my comfort zone there. I've played three variety night kinda things in Preston.

Not sure where to go with this, or what else to say. If you want to know anything (you probably don't), just ask.

Also, probably worth mentioning that there are some videos of my comedish stuff on my YouTube account, UkuleleKris, and also some straight music covers if you're that way inclined, and also I'm writing a song a week because I'm a lazy bastard, some of the songs will be funnies, some won't. Depends how I feel. They will be found at http://52songs52weeks.wordpress.com

Wave
Welcome to the board!

Hello to you.

Hi there!

Hiya

Welcome Kris

Welcome, Kris. I've got two ukuleles, can't play either them. The first one was right-handed and it turns out I am a left-hander for stringed-instruments and nothing else.

PS I thought your dogging song would have worked better with 'ruff/rough' rather than 'woof' i.e doggers like it 'ruff'. Anyway good luck and keep plugging away.

Quote: Ukulele Kris @ January 23 2011, 2:12 AM GMT

I've played three variety night kinda things in Preston.

Ever performed at the Ship Inn in Preston?

Hello there!

Quote: Kenneth @ January 26 2011, 1:36 PM GMT

Ever performed at the Ship Inn in Preston?

I got barred from there.

I played at the open mic (music open mic), but before I even started, the entire pub (pretty full), including the open mic host, buggered off outside. I played to my friend and a middle aged couple and one bar staff. As I finished I said "thank you for staying to watch me", (to the middle aged couple) "and not buggering off outside like them lot", then blew a raspberry. The host then came back in from outside, barked at me "don't speak to your audience like that, you're not welcome here again"

Good times, really

Hullo.

Quote: Ukulele Kris @ January 29 2011, 2:42 PM GMT

I got barred from there.

I played at the open mic (music open mic), but before I even started, the entire pub (pretty full), including the open mic host, buggered off outside. I played to my friend and a middle aged couple and one bar staff. As I finished I said "thank you for staying to watch me", (to the middle aged couple) "and not buggering off outside like them lot", then blew a raspberry. The host then came back in from outside, barked at me "don't speak to your audience like that, you're not welcome here again"

Good times, really

Tough gig. The correct protocol in this situation is to phone up the local authorities the next day and report that you saw the landlord serving 12 year olds alcohol. Probably in order to get them drunk and touch them up (add that bit if it was a particularly bad gig). Revenge is a dish best served slightly mentally-unhinged.

Welcome. Wave

It didn't need my input. They shut down shortly after due to underage drinking anyway!

Guilt free karma

:)

Donjour! Wave