PITP- a parody

I'd like to post a parody that I wrote and recorded last year. But, the subject is controversial and whilst I'd appreciate feedback, I don't want to offend people, I would like it be just taken in jest. Basically, it won't be to everyone's taste. Do I post and risk the wrath or just leave it? I don't want to be booted off the site!

Quote: DonnaG @ January 27 2011, 2:20 PM GMT

I'd like to post a parody that I wrote and recorded last year. But, the subject is controversial and whilst I'd appreciate feedback, I don't want to offend people, I would like it be just taken in jest. Basically, it won't be to everyone's taste. Do I post and risk the wrath or just leave it? I don't want to be booted off the site!

You won't get booted for being in bad taste but expect to be asked to justify yourself...

Post please Donna, I'm a fan of the 'bad taste' material :)

Ok. Not sure I will be able to justify myself, but it is a parody of Groove Is In The Heart. I wrote it about a year ago after walking through the park and seeing an old man in dirty man mac. Anyway, here are the lyrics and a link to the recording (I cannot sing)... http://soundcloud.com/mrsg1980/pitp

Little Boy Prance
Little Boy Prance
Little Boy Prance and shake that bum

The thrills that I
Feel in my pants
Keep me filled with
Satisfaction until you're here
Satisfaction that you're near
I'm waiting for your little brother
I'm waiting for your little brother

The sand pit in which he digs
My trousers rise like Tower Bridge
Lured by Chupa Chupps, little pups, paedo ways
I'm playing with your little brother
I'm touching up your little brother

Paedos In The Park
Ah ah ah ah
Paedos In The Park
Ah ah ah ah
Paedos In The Park
Paedos In The Park

The temps' gone through the roof
His Superman tee he did remove
I grabbed it for my collection
Wooo hooo!
I'm perving on your little brother
Oh I'm just grooming your brother

I flicked the switch, the camera rolled
On the website, this'll be sold
I'm not viscious or malicious
I just find these boys delicious
I'm perving on your little brother

Checkin' out these boys torsos yeah
Hot! Gotta hide where I won't show
Dee-Liteful, truly Dee-Liteful
Flickin' it, tossin' it, mufflin' a groan
'Sguised as a see saw on a sunny day
Up and down on me the kids do play

All inside of me
Heart especially
Little boy Bill, I can see
Lickin' his melting chocolate ice
Little pink tongue that'd feel so nice
Pre teen boys, I like to give them weed
All stoned, they come spend time with me
Get, get, gettin it
Touch, touch, suck it, suck it
Romp in the bush, boy I love this game
Playin Pied Piper
Boy I'm through
Time for Playground walk of shame

Paedos In The Park
Ah ah ah ah x4!

This bit was great Donna:

I flicked the switch, the camera rolled
On the website, this'll be sold
I'm not viscious or malicious
I just find these boys delicious

Laughing out loud

One bit of critique though, get someone who can sing involved :)

The content I couldn't care less about I'm afraid - parody songs haven't done anything for me since I was a kid and paedo gags have to have some point to them to get my interest.

Thanks Gerry- I do plan to.

And thanks for listening or reading it regardless of your feelings for parodies David! :)

I can't see whats to be parodied about small kids being abused, and the imagery made me feel queasy, sorry but Im a parent of 2 kids and just NO

A terrible subject that Brass Eye tackled. That's a programme I can watch and find amusing but I won't laugh outloud and I will feel uncomfortable. Brass Eye were poking fun at our terror of the crime.... and also mocking the whole thing like your poem does....

I feel pity for the Man for feeling that way - and his vicims are tragic, helpless and sad.

So I'm not sure feeling pity and sadness I can laugh. As an idea it's yucky.

Perhaps write it from the perspective of a sexually charged woman looking at 19 year old boys. We can all love that idea and concept.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ January 27 2011, 3:56 PM GMT

I can't see whats to be parodied about small kids being abused, and the imagery made me feel queasy, sorry but Im a parent of 2 kids and just NO

I think by "parody" Donna means taking the words of an existing song and setting them to new lyrics. She's certainly not parodying paedophiles - I'd say if anything the tone of the piece suggests she has some sympathy for them.

That's fair enough. I've friends who are parents and they've enjoyed it. I think it's probably something that is down to the individual, whether they can separate 'comedy' and real life. It's not real.

Quote: DonnaG @ January 27 2011, 4:00 PM GMT

That's fair enough. I've friends who are parents and they've enjoyed it. I think it's probably something that is down to the individual, whether they can separate 'comedy' and real life. It's not real.

Agreed. (I'm a parent of two little terrors.)

I have two little girls...

Quote: DonnaG @ January 27 2011, 4:08 PM GMT

I have two little girls...

Isn't it about time you went to the basement and checked their cuffs?

Laughing out loud

They've not got back from school yet. I tacked a sat nav to the eldest's back. Hmm, should be back by now.

And Vroom- I had no problem with it, I enjoyed it, but why is it acceptable for you to write a sketch about cancer but I shouldn't be writing a song on paedos? Where should we draw the line on 'controversial' topics? (I hope that didn't come across aggressive- I didn't mean it to!)