Calling Bucks, Herts and Oxons amateur comedians

Hi

On Sunday the 5th of December I will be hosting an open mic comedy night at Stars cafe bar in Aylesbury and want to call all budding comedians in the area out for this as it will be the only one of its kind in Buckinghamshire.

Slots are 5 minutes wether its your first time or your a circuit pro and will be followed by a half hour set from an up and coming act.

There is no entry fee to perform or spectate and will be a great night.

If you are interested in performing please pm me and I will give you more details.

Kind regards
Ad Singleton

Gah! Why on the days when I am not here...

Any other Bucks open mics you know of Adam?

Quote: olijba @ November 29 2010, 4:07 PM GMT

Gah! Why on the days when I am not here...

Any other Bucks open mics you know of Adam?

The one on the 5th will be monthly fiorst Sunday of every month, also planning to do an open mic with the harrow in ylesbury on the 28th if you would be interested in that let me know I will give you the details.

Do you have to be 18 to perform?? Plus it would be my first time..

Quote: Juan of a Kind @ November 30 2010, 8:30 PM GMT

Do you have to be 18 to perform?? Plus it would be my first time..

It doesn't matter that its your first time, the whole idea is to get a new scene going in Aylesbury, it is held in a bar though however if your 16 or 17 and want to perform let me know how long your set is and I will try to clear it with the bar for you to at least perform.

Ive PMed you Adam :)

Adam,

If Juan turns up at your gig, would you be kind enough to confirm to the BCG faithful that he really is a 17-year-old lad?

It might be of interest to those who 'know' (from stories they've heard?) that he's me under another username.

Oh no, wait. That won't work cos they'll say YOU're also me under another username.

It was just a thought.

What a life, eh?

:D

Veronica - there wasn't any need for that.

And as has been stated before please do not speculate as to multiple identities. PM a mod if you're concerned.

Quote: EllieJP @ December 2 2010, 9:45 AM GMT

please do not speculate as to multiple identities.

Good advice, Ellie.

Have you mentioned it to Leevil?

Quote: Leevil @ December 1 2010, 1.42 PM GMT

Veronica . . . If you and your alter egos weren't here. THERE WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM.

I don't HAVE any alter egos!

P.S. To return to your point, I have NEVER speculated about multiple IDs. Joking about one's OWN alter egos (real or imagined) isn't 'speculating'.

LOL can't believe people think I have more than one account? Can they not check ip addresses or something to prove that vernoica lives nowhere near me? Unless she does Haha.

Quote: Veronica Vestibule @ December 2 2010, 9:18 AM GMT

Adam,

If Juan turns up at your gig, would you be kind enough to confirm to the BCG faithful that he really is a 17-year-old lad?

Ellie,

I've just realised that you misinterpreted the above request.

You thought I was asking Adam to satisfy ME as to Juan's status as a 17-year-old - and therefore speculating that he might not be what he claims to be but possibly the alter ego of another BCG member?

No, no, no. I have no doubts about Juan's genuineness.

I was asking Adam to confirm to BCG (in general) that Juan is 17 and, in so doing, hopefully to put a stop to OTHER PEOPLE's speculation that he's me in disguise.

I think the rest of my posting makes my intention clear.

Sorry for any misunderstanding and I'm not trying to stir up the usual hornets but Juan is a very talented young man and certain BCG members are spoiling his membership here with their public speculations and open accusations that he's a multi-IDer.

Thanks Vernoica! Haha :) I don't understand why they can't check ips or something like that..

Quote: Veronica Vestibule @ December 2 2010, 1:30 PM GMT

Sorry for any misunderstanding and I'm not trying to stir up the usual hornets but Juan is a very talented young man and certain BCG members are spoiling his membership here with their public speculations and open accusations that he's a multi-IDer.

Well that's fine, but no need to bring it up whether to satisfy yourself or anyone else. :) Thanks.

Quote: EllieJP @ December 2 2010, 2:19 PM GMT

Well that's fine, but no need to bring it up whether to satisfy yourself or anyone else. :) Thanks.

Fair point, Ellie.

I wish all the mods were like you: BCG would run so much more smoothly.

I shall confirm Juan is 17 if he comes. does anyhone know anywhere else worth posting about my gig? as I'm worried I have only got a few performers and 48 hours to go!