New Sitcom Trailer

Hi guys,

looking for your thoughts on this trailer;

www.thevillageswanson.com

each episodes revolves around a different villager(s)

Pretty well put together trailer I thought. Not balls to the wall funny but intriguing.

Looked interesting, though, and this might just be my laptop, a lot of the dialogue was drowned out by the loud music.

Came out fine on my laptop.

All things are relative so The Village Swanson is not likely at this stage to compare well with the very best of similar TV productions created with relatively huge budgets and starring relatively famous performers.

Having said that, it's nevertheless very good indeed compared with the vast majority of Internet-based comedy productions.

Some of the speech (but not much) is indistinct but that's a trifling matter. The overall production is commendably professional-looking and the slick opening titles bode well for forthcoming content.

Swanson's comedy (like all great comedy) derives from character rather than from a relentless succession of supposed-to-be-hilarious gags: intelligent viewers will like that - a lot.

It's very early days but my impression is that The Village Swanson could develop a sizeable online following and may, with a bit of luck, eventually transfer to TV. I've watched a few other 'Swanson' clips on YouTube and I've seen nothing that suggests either of the aforementioned is impossible.

I wish you every success.

Quote: David Bussell @ October 17 2010, 2:04 PM BST

Came out fine on my laptop.

My laptop is made of hay and tin cans.

hey guys,

yes I think ther eis a part with the vicar that is a bit quiet. on that day we didn't have our sound man so, had a mic straight into the camera.

i totally agree with ming about comedy deriving from character, it is totally character centric.

thanks for all the comments, before this we only heard from people we know, and they find it funny but maybe because they knew who we were.

thanks again guys, any more comments welcome.

there's loads more content to come, the village is huge

Hey

I worked on this sitcom too, thanks for all your responses!

If anyone else can give us their thoughts it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

If Ming says it's d*gs bollocks I would tend to agree. And well done
TheCaptain - you contribution was well worth the mention. Where can I see this trailer?

Quote: Stephen Birch @ October 21 2010, 8:22 AM BST

If Ming says it's d*gs bollocks I would tend to agree. And well done
TheCaptain - you contribution was well worth the mention. Where can I see this trailer?

hi stephen,

trailer is at www.thevillageswanson.com

let us know what you think,

there's some other mini clips on the you tube channel too or if you scroll down on the site

there's now also some mini clips on the you tube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheVillageSwanson#p/a/u/1/qWLuMwjxOXY

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheVillageSwanson#p/u/6/gLkBiY5EasE

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheVillageSwanson#p/u/8/pQHZWX7eLOs