The Red Planet Prize 2010 Page 3

Quote: BardManners @ July 31 2010, 10:49 AM BST

£5000 is better than a kick in the teeth.

Ooh! Controversial!

Since the deadline is almost gone, can we move into the realm of fantasy and ask: If you could choose only ONE of the cash, the commission and the representation, which would you choose?

Just spotted this on the red planet site:

'DON'T PANIC! THERE WAS AN ERROR ON THE WEBSITE WHICH RESULTED IN THE EARLY CLOSING OF THE COMPETITION. THIS HAS NOW BEEN RECTIFIED AND THE COMPETITION WILL NOW CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ON 1ST AUGUST. APOLOGIES FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE

** MIDNIGHT SUNDAY 1ST AUGUST ** sees the entry deadline for the 2010 RED PLANET PRIZE. For a chance to win £5000, a script commission and the chance to be mentored by Red Planet and Kudos follow the link below. All entrants will receive an email in early September notifying them whether they are through to the next round. If successful they will be asked to submit their full script.'

Now, I guess this doesn't effect all you organised people who have already rewritten, edited and submitted, but is there any consensus as to whether '** MIDNIGHT SUNDAY 1ST AUGUST ** means the 00:00 between Saturday night and Sunday morning or between Sunday night and Monday morning? I'm guessing the latter but the price of a mistake is kind of high.

Since the deadline is almost gone, can we move into the realm of fantasy and ask: If you could choose only ONE of the cash, the commission and the representation, which would you choose?

The commission.

Now, I guess this doesn't effect all you organised people who have already rewritten, edited and submitted, but is there any consensus as to whether '** MIDNIGHT SUNDAY 1ST AUGUST ** means the 00:00 between Saturday night and Sunday morning or between Sunday night and Monday morning? I'm guessing the latter but the price of a mistake is kind of high.

Um. I assume it means the strike of midnight that turns 1st August to 2nd August.

i.e. midnight tonight.

The official number of entries for this year's Red Planet Prize is... 1574!

from Mr @dstack30

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ August 1 2010, 1:32 PM BST

Um. I assume it means the strike of midnight that turns 1st August to 2nd August.

i.e. midnight tonight.

You were quite right, Mikey. They accepted at 15 mins to midnight last night.

By the way - answer to you earlier question - Tony Holland was the man who created EastEnders which created Tony Jordan, so you were on the right lines.

I just got the two Tony's mixed up. :)

And I chose "the commission" from your multiple choice question because a commission would (hopefully) lead to more commissions and agents calling me.

I'd prefer the commission too.

Commission. five thousand... five shmousand and I'm already representin' the hood.

Have made through to the second round:)

Eeeee & woop x loads!

Quote: Carlin Corbyn @ September 7 2010, 2:43 PM BST

Eeeee & woop x loads!

Brilliant! Well done and good luck for the next round.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 7 2010, 2:58 PM BST

Brilliant! Well done and good luck for the next round.

Thanks Dolly:)

Well done fingers crossed all the way!

Quote: Marc P @ September 7 2010, 3:25 PM BST

Well done fingers crossed all the way!

Thanks Mark:)

Eeeee & woop x loads!

Congrats!

Eeeee & woop x loads!

Wow - well done! And I got notification I hadn't!