Crime Traveller

Alright, who remembers this? I know someone must. Kind of a time-travelling Jonathan Creek type dealy, starring Michael French of EastEnders fame, and Chloƫ Annett, who'll most likely be known to folks around these parts from Red Dwarf. The two played

Admittedly I was uhh, quite yong, when it was on (so I liked pretty much everything), but I did really rather enjoy the show. Just watching it back on DVD now, and aside from taking me back to my childhood, it's an almost depressing reminder of how utterly shite prime-time TV now is. It's not high-class, mind-bendingly clever stuff, but it's a damn sight better than the 'reality'-based wankery we see now.

Anyway, I'm getting off-topic. Anyone else remember the show?

oh wow i loved this! is this on dvd? that must of been a good 10/15 years ago?

It does ring bells. It wasn't a sitcom was it.

Give me some reminders.

Give me some reminders.

Give me some reminders.

Quote: jacparov @ November 7, 2007, 9:33 PM

oh wow i loved this! is this on dvd? that must of been a good 10/15 years ago?

Indeed it is. Only came out this year; series one was 1997. I picked up the complete set (two series' were made) for about a tenner earlier in the year, so search around for a good deal. :)

Quote: Aaron @ November 7, 2007, 9:42 PM

Only came out this year

Got these DVDs way back in 2003, although as separate series, and not as a boxset. Very underrated series - although probably best it got cancelled, as it looks like they were running out of story ideas. :)

cheers aaron

Quote: David Chapman @ November 7, 2007, 9:38 PM

Give me some reminders.

Like I said, it was a kind of time travelling Jonathan Creek type thing. I guess a cross between JC and Doctor Who would be a pretty good description.

Quote: charlier @ November 7, 2007, 10:49 PM

Got these DVDs way back in 2003, although as separate series, and not as a boxset. Very underrated series - although probably best it got cancelled, as it looks like they were running out of story ideas. :)

Yes, that would make sense. I was thinking as I looked at the packaging "WTF? I swear I saw these years ago..."

I love Crime Traveller.

I've written to Anthony Horowitz (the writer - also aclaimed for Foyle's War) about three times and I've always had a reply. In the last one, I begged him to return to Crime Traveller - as a book, film or another series - and he said that he couldn't. Mind you, he is over working at the moment. He's just finished Foyle's War, and not only has he just released two books, but he's working on the another one of another series, plus the next Alex Rider film, PLUS an American police drama he's created for US TV.

I'm afraid I've never heard of it, but I looove Jonathon Creek - one of my favourites!

I used to really like this show when it was on, id love to see it again!

I remember it!

There was quite a bit filmed near here.

Random fact, that.