ChegwinGate Page 2

Check out this interview where he condones joke theft.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/212965/Keith-Chegwin-gives-Comic-Relief-interview-and-discusses-Give-Us-A-Giggle-campaign.html

"If you've not got your own, nick a gag! That's what all the top comedians do. People are a little bit afraid. They're afraid of not being funny. People are reserved, particularly in Britain, I think. It's admirable if people go out of their way and don't mind people laughing at them. It doesn't cost you anything to be funny, does it?"

Then look at his twitter feed, he's passing off Milton Jones, Lee Mack, Jimmy Carr, Gary Delaney and Tim Vine jokes off as his own, and when pulled up on it by Simon Evans and Ed Byrne he tried to claim that he writes them himself, despite Gary Delaney, for one proving that one of them was clearly his joke.

He's using stolen jokes to promote his Twitter which is raising his profile and (in)directly promoting something called "Chegger's Bingo", not surprisingly myself and a lot of other comics didn't think this was on.

Unfortunately most people seem to think that jokes materialize from thin air and are "public property" despite being how stand ups earn a living.

Remember when Cheggers got his cock out on Channel 5? That was funny.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 20 2010, 3:46 PM BST

Macbeth.

*Ahem*! :O

Quote: Trabs @ July 20 2010, 4:14 PM BST

Remember when Cheggers got his cock out on Channel 5? That was funny.

Like an acorn it was!

Quote: Tony Cowards @ July 20 2010, 4:05 PM BST

Then look at his twitter feed, he's passing off Milton Jones, Lee Mack, Jimmy Carr, Gary Delaney and Tim Vine jokes off as his own, and when pulled up on it by Simon Evans and Ed Byrne he tried to claim that he writes them himself, despite Gary Delaney, for one proving that one of them was clearly his joke.

Oops.

Quote: Badge @ July 20 2010, 2:11 PM BST

He'll be cast as an American dad won't he?

Cheggers plays Pop...? Whistling nnocently

I mean Macbeth. Olivia Hussey was ace as Juliet, as I recall.

I always think it's a shame Hamlet's dad didn't team up with Banquo, but Shakespeare wasn't into supernatural crossovers. One of his many failings.

I don't understand the direction in which this thread has gone. :(

Maybe it's the heat...

I don't think of Cheggars as a comedian, though. So I wouldn't follow him on Twitter expecting gags.

Also, is he doing it? Or are is somebody associated with the show he's flogging just doing it in his name?

I was quite surprised to see Mr Chegwin on Twitter posting all these jokes.
But never for one minute did I think, Wow Isn't Cheggers a good joke writer.
So I was definitely surprised to see him say that he wrote most of the jokes, although some were old ones he 'remembered'.

I think where most joke writers try their best to write jokes that haven't already been done, Cheggers doesn't really mind either way.

That's why he makes Joke writing look so easy.

I suppose when you're posting them you are actually writing the jokes.

Well he's on a PC
So he's more of a joke tapper.

The only thing I ever liked Chaegwin do was his role in Extras. He seems to be so proud that all he is is an ultra keen makeshift presenter for cheap progs that can't afford anyone better. I think he's petrified of having to do a normal job everyday like most of us have to, that's why he takes absolutely everything on, however undignified it is. Not surprised he doesn't have scruples about joke stealing, he doesn't seem to have scruples.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ July 20 2010, 10:35 PM BST

The only thing I ever liked Chaegwin do was his role in Extras. He seems to be so proud that all he is is an ultra keen makeshift presenter for cheap progs that can't afford anyone better. I think he's petrified of having to do a normal job everyday like most of us have to, that's why he takes absolutely everything on, however undignified it is.

Good luck to him, if he can make a living doing what he does. In many ways he was the forerunner to todays breed of zero talent presenters. A pioneer, if you will.