The Vicar of dibley Series Overview Page 2

Quote: jamie jones @ October 22, 2007, 11:52 AM

i think that the vicar of dibley is the funniest thing on uktv gold

They can't ALL be the funniest thing on UK Gold. What about Birds of a Feather? Or Catherine Tate?

Laughing out loud

I've been a fan of Dawn since French And Saunders and I think Dawn is great in VOD and have been a fan of it since it first came on PBS in the states during the '90s. The characters are all quirky and funny and the stories are well written. As a sitcom based on the events that take place in and around a church, I expect there would be some religious politics like in the '05 christmas special. It's not like Father Ted's total disrespectfulness towards the church.

Among my top 10 Britcoms. I love it, despite some less than perfect episodes. The whole array of characters is hilarious. Includes one of my fave episode ever... uhmmm... the one with Nativity Play. "No, be afraid! Be very afraid!"

The recent specials, however, left my largely cold. The poverty moment was unexpected and... call me cold... kinda ruined already not-so-great episode.

I love The Vicar of Dibley and I have a number of favourite episodes.

In particular, I adore 'The Window and the Weather' - the council meetings where they discuss the various great weather events of the past and then later, the discussion of what was in the stained glass window are both hilarious.

I also love 'Love and Marriage', Alice and Hugo's wedding. The woman protesting the marriage is absolutely classic.

Whilst on the subject, I want to mention how utterly brilliant Gary Waldhorn was in this show. His performance was absolutely perfect and that moment during the post-credits sequence of 'Love & Marriage' where he interrupts the jovial moment with a desperate plea is my all-time favourite moment in the entire run of the series.

Perfectly timed and heart-breakingly moving.

"The woman protesting the marriage is absolutely classic."

The woman is Geraldine McNulty from My Hero(Mrs.Raven)

I love the Nativity Play scene as well where the lines keep getting messed up! :)

Marlies