Corden V Stewart Page 2

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 9 2010, 3:10 PM BST

Corden just needed to f**k the Hoff.

If he was pissed, I'd pay to watch that.

Neither come out of this with much credit but I do find it ironic that a man who has built his entire career around being fat and showing off his corpulent belly, should get so riled when a 67 year old man mentions his fat belly.

Still what do you expect from the man who thinks singing "Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" on England's unofficial World Cup song is acceptable when it's taken 20 years for England fans to finally get rid of our hooligan status?

Quote: chipolata @ June 9 2010, 4:34 PM BST

Lose some weight! Wear a suit! Be an adult!

Repeat, and act. You'll feel better about yourself soon.

Ok can I say again Corden's lack of talent has nothing to do with his chubbiness.

Geez he's the Richard Blackwood of fatsos.

Cringeworthy.

The initial insult was VERY weak; Corden shouldn't have reacted.

... And who was that woman on stage defending Corden?

Apparently, Stewart later retaliated by making all her clothes fall off with his mind.

She tried to cover herself up, but it was too late - he'd seen everything.

Cordon's face when he steps back after saying 'you're on stage dying' is very irritating.

I'm with The Stewart!!

Seems slightly bizarre from Patrick Stewart, although I highly doubt I could resist a pop at Corden in fairness. His only crime is that his insult was rather lame. The fact all the 'celebs' took the side of Corden says it all about modern culture really, wouldn't know talent if it bit them on the arse.

Did Stewart make the mistake of thinking Corden was a comedian who might have made a joke out of it?

Corden is annoying me more than usual at the moment, popping up on everything World Cup related. The next three weeks will be hell.

Quote: don rushmore @ June 9 2010, 6:34 PM BST

Apparently, Stewart later retaliated by making all her clothes fall off with his mind.

She tried to cover herself up, but it was too late - he'd seen everything.

Laughing out loud

Only just seen this. Can't help thinking there must have been some previous between the two. My guess would be that Corden's lack of manners and his gratuitous slagging off of respected people without having earned that right must have irked the gentlemanly actor. Maybe it was a physical based insult of a friend of Stewart's that prompted his belly comment?

Or maybe it was simply that he was offended that women should have to see the slob's belly hanging out of his shirt? To me it looked like old and repectable standing up to young and brash, so fair play for that if it was.

And despite his quick riposte, no, because of it, Corden came off the worst imo, proving his lack of class once more. :(

That clip has popped up on a couple of the '2010 best of...' shows, and reminded me of just how bizarre and embarresing the whole thing was. They both looked like idiots, but Corden handled it totally wrong.

I love Patrick Stewart and hugely dislike James Cordon, so I know whose side I'm/was on.