Animated sketch

Hey guys.

Years ago I posted some sketches based around two characters called Gibb and Will. They're somewhere around here.

Anyway this is the result of one of the sketches. Wondered what you think.

Password is "POOPOO"

http://vimeo.com/12091998

I quite enjoyed that, nice idea.

Good idea. Aspect ratio was a bit all over the shop. Visually quite nice. Audio was a little hissy but overall good.

Quote: Gavin @ May 31 2010, 4:43 PM BST

Aspect ratio was a bit all over the shop.

Agreed.

Sorry how do you mean? (I'm just the writer and therefore ignorant :))

Quote: Tom Pk @ May 31 2010, 5:58 PM BST

Sorry how do you mean? (I'm just the writer and therefore ignorant :))

No worries.

See on the picture the video looks squashed and has black borders. On the output you need to do either 16:9 which is wide screen of 4:3.

This might help

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution

Gotcha, cheers I'll look into it.

i liked this a lot, is it part of a longer programme? Could have been funnier but hey if it was perfect it'd be on TV. Have you got any more?

Quote: karlosthegreat1 @ June 2 2010, 3:53 AM BST

Could have been funnier but hey if it was perfect it'd be on TV.

Yes, because everything on TV is perfect. Errr

Agree with other posts about sound quality and aspect ratio.

I remember the original Gibb and Will scetches as being pretty funny. I've also got it into my head that they were a couple of kids sitting on a park bench. I could be wrong but I think the context of the sketch would work better as kids. I didn't quite believe the pilot scenario.

That said, smiled a lot and laughed out loud at 'Perfect crime.'

Haha, very good. Made me smile.

You're right Steve they were kids originally! But then I thought grown pilots talking about this kind of stuff would be funnier because it doesn't really fit.

The hissing people are hearing is the plane in the background but maybethat's too easily mistaken for...hissing.

And yes there are more. 7 more I think.

Thanks for having a look peeps.