any of you guys do any stand-up?

I know this is a writers forum so the topic isn't really appropriate, but do any of your guys do stand-up as well as sketch/sitcom writing?

If so do you have any advise on how best to advance beyond the performing at open mic nights stage?

It's okay to post this in here I think. The forum should cover anything along the creative line of comedy.

:)

I'm thinking about doing stand up in the future (like eventually, not when we have laser guns and stuff) so I can't help yet, but we do have a few stand ups on here, but I'll let them come to you themselves.

I prefer to sit.

In a nice chair.

With cushions.

I did it a few years ago during college, I ended up gigging at The Pleasance in Edinburgh.

I've always felt I'd be pretty good at stand up, but haven't done it. It's a shame really. Shit, now you've depressed me!

Quote: catskillz @ October 29, 2007, 2:11 AM

I've always felt I'd be pretty god at stand up, but haven't done it. It's a shame really. Shit, now you've depressed me!

Hey, there's never enough stand-up's in the world. Give it a go Catskillz. I know what it's like when you make excuses not to do stuff. Try making excuses to do stuff. That's how stuff gets done.

You can do it! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Get contacts, be confident and get lucky. I don't think there is a magic formula to break out of the open-mic but slowly more and more oppurtunities will present themselves.

New act competitions are coming up in January that are worth a squirt.

I do a lot of stand-up. It's how I make my living at the moment. Feel free to PM me any questions and I'll do my best to help.