My Stand Up Debut Page 2

I gets ya!
Shame though, would be good to see you around the circuit

Quote: Jon Pearson @ May 19 2010, 2:32 PM BST

I gets ya!
Shame though, would be good to see you around the circuit

You never know...to be honest, part of putting it on here is to see if it's viable stuff. While people laughed (and I got some great feedback from strangers afterwards...I think of all the comics I was easiest for people to spot at the bar - you won't believe how many times I was told "you should play basketball!) I know it was graduation showcase with a nice audience. It's genuinely nice to hear that people here (who have no need to be nice :D) are able to see it cold on the net and still find it OK.

Quote: Mr Lewis @ May 19 2010, 2:32 PM BST

Earley, Reading - born there, live there, work there...odd, because I have no idea I had an accent!

Ah. I know it well.

Good stuff Mr Lewis.

Quote: Mr Lewis @ May 19 2010, 2:37 PM BST

You never know...to be honest, part of putting it on here is to see if it's viable stuff. While people laughed (and I got some great feedback from strangers afterwards...I think of all the comics I was easiest for people to spot at the bar - you won't believe how many times I was told "you should play basketball!) I know it was graduation showcase with a nice audience. It's genuinely nice to hear that people here (who have no need to be nice :D) are able to see it cold on the net and still find it OK.

To true! I need to get mine up here now I think.
I like the jokes about height, being a tall person myself (6ft6") I get those comments allot. Not to mention old ladies asking me to get the cans from the back of the shelf in supermarkets!

You do have a talent

Congratulations - that's cracking stuff.

Maybe you should give yourself one more gig...go on...

Really strong out of the gates, Mr Lewis. Well done indeed!

Excellent debut. After a start like that t'would be a shame not to do a few more...

Impressive.

Well it appears that it's not just your inside leg measurement that's massive, you must have a fair set of balls on you to. Well done. Takes a lot of guts. The only way I reckon you could improve on that is by speaking a little more slowly but I guess that'll come when you can control the nerves. Having said that you didn't seem nervous. I liked the polar bear gag.

To join in on this thread again and seeing as Mr. Lewis and myself appeared to have started at the same time.

Here is a link to part of my 2nd gig:

YouTube Link

Cheers

Really funny, good warm atmosphere as well! I loved the stuff in A+E, with the nurse. Totally related to that having kids myself, albeit 50 percent less than you!

This is one of the things I keep wondering whether I could or should do before I'm forty. Well done for having the titanium balls for doing it yourself.

Well done, great material well delivered 10/10 all round! Fantastic you've got it on tape!

Nice, confident delivery, good pacing, some lovely material, all in all a very good debut performance, well done sir, now give up and stop doing gigs otherwise us experienced acts are going to have to work a bit harder...

;)

Thanks for all the feedback - much appreciated.

On the basis that you can't all be wrong... I've booked a few gigs :D