My Stand Up Debut

Something of a "do before your 40" moment for me, rather than a "here's my new career path"....but was a laugh all the same.

Did a 4 week course via Amused Moose/Stand Up and Deliver and then was the last act on at the "graduation showcase".

Bit more detail in my original thread here:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/16504/5#P589112

And the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esv1Z4uU_Gw

Well done Mr. Lewis!

VERY VERY VERY good! :D

Very good debut! You look very confident, nice delivery and some great callbacks. When you were doing the Goliath story it would have been nice if you could have varied your voice a bit for the different speakers. But you must have been really pleased with how it went.

:D Very good!

To be honest....I was please I had MY voice working as it should!!!

Very odd sensation....I was on last (headliner ;) ) so had to watch 10 others first - and felt ill the whole time....which was weird because I wasnt nervous - it was just adrenaline, I knew it...my brain new it...my legs wanted me to lie down though! then, as soon as the act before me came off I was suddenly ready and felt like I could run a marathon...it was like all that adrenaline suddenly had a job to do and I felt ok (with hindsight a little less adrenaline would have been better as it would have slowed me down a bit)

Got to say....I love the writing side of stuff...the call backs etc and love "creating" those at my pc in the dark (hence me stab at scripts/sitcom) but that feeling of knowing you are about to drop one on the audiece and they WILL laugh is wonderfull....great feeling :D

I liked it. Thumbs up from me.

"In built eyes" for some reason has left me chuckling well after viewing.

Quote: Mr Lewis @ May 19 2010, 1:53 PM BST

To be honest....I was please I had MY voice working as it should!!!

Ha! Know that feeling!

Surely you're going to do more gigs now?

Not sure about any more....it was a bit like a parachute jump - wanted to do it, don't want to be a para!

Thats a shame Mr L.
You've got some cracking material there.
I know once I did my first I caught the bug big style. Now I'm doing 2 gigs a week and always looking for more.

Quote: Jon Pearson @ May 19 2010, 2:23 PM BST

I know once I did my first I caught the bug big style. Now I'm doing 2 gigs a week and always looking for more.

Well done. :)

Bloody excellent Mark! Well done!!

Quote: Mr Lewis @ May 19 2010, 2:20 PM BST

Not sure about any more....it was a bit like a parachute jump - wanted to do it, don't want to be a para!

Yeah my first gig went really well, did more, but can't say I really enjoyed it that much and haven't done a gig for ages. I cans till remember my routine though.

I liked what I could catch but it was said too quickly for me, being an old biddy, but well done, the audience loved you

And is that a Berkshire accent I can detect Mr Lewis?

Quote: Jon Pearson @ May 19 2010, 2:23 PM BST

Thats a shame Mr L.

It's a more a question of time....while 4 kids and wife is good for material its not ideal for being out every weekend till the early hours ;)

Catch 22...if I was 15 years younger I'd have nothing to say apart from the "isnt it funny when your girlfriend...." stuff.....now I have some stories I have no time to tell 'em :D

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ May 19 2010, 2:28 PM BST

And is that a Berkshire accent I can detect Mr Lewis?

Earley, Reading - born there, live there, work there...odd, because I have no idea I had an accent!