What ever happened to PG comedy?

I was watching The Three Amigos last night and I realized that there isn't much in the way of PG comedy anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I like abrasive humour. Always Sunny is my favourite sitcom right now, but I miss the days of clean humour.

Maybe its just me. It seems like the only family friendly humour is in Pixar or Dreamworks, and I am not a big fan.

You just need to watch more kids channels.
Chucklevision is still the best thing on telly.

Quote: deckard @ April 26 2010, 7:48 PM BST

I was watching The Three Amigos last night and I realized that there isn't much in the way of PG comedy anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I like abrasive humour. Always Sunny is my favourite sitcom right now, but I miss the days of clean humour.

Maybe its just me. It seems like the only family friendly humour is in Pixar or Dreamworks, and I am not a big fan.

You may have a point. But all it will take is a smash hit PG comedy to come along and Hollywood will be churning them out by the dozen again.

I've written a film script all about the life of Wodehouse, the creator of "Jeeves and Wooster", that's PG.

Post 80s SNL crew have been shiiit! Oh, and John Hughes died.

Quote: Leevil @ April 27 2010, 1:35 PM BST

Post 80s SNL crew have been shiiit!

Will Ferrell and Tina Fey! (But yeah, you're mostly right)

Tina Fey... <3

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 27 2010, 1:43 PM BST

Will Ferrell and Tina Fey! (But yeah, you're mostly right)

Tina Fey and occasionally Ferrell, yeah.

Quote: Leevil @ April 27 2010, 1:35 PM BST

Post 80s SNL crew have been shiiit! Oh, and John Hughes died.

Both very good points!

(Also I would add Chris Farley, Adam Sandler, Mike Meyers and to a lesser extent David Spade as quality post-80s SNL alum, but your points are still valid).

Quote: deckard @ April 27 2010, 4:48 PM BST

(Also I would add Chris Farley, Adam Sandler, David Spade as quality post-80s SNL alum, ).

What the what!

Adam Sandler has never been funny to me. Too much of a frat bro. I liked David Spade in that cartoon movie with the llama, but it was only his voice :/.

I think past their prime actors are still churning out PG 'comedies' like RV and Old Dogs, they just aren't any good.

Quote: funsponge @ April 27 2010, 5:03 PM BST

Adam Sandler has never been funny to me.

He was very good in Punch Drunk Love, but that wasn't really a Sandler movie. At all.

I liked him in The Wedding Singer.

Quote: zooo @ April 27 2010, 5:05 PM BST

I liked him in The Wedding Singer.

That was okay, yeah.

Didn't see Punch Drunk Love. From the previews I saw, I thought it was just him doing a serious version of 50 first dates. Probably wasn't though.

For the Wedding Singer, I think I found the things around him were more funny than he was in it, 80's references and all.