Election; what would your policies be? Page 3

Quote: Cheesehoven @ April 17 2010, 6:20 PM BST

Two words: BBC 3.

The thing about BBC 3 is that under the trashiness it is actually quite politically correct and patronising, like the embarrassing youth club leader trying get on down with the kids.

I'd highlight the need to reform the banking system as the key issue to getting the economy back on track. What's the point of fixing the economy to have the wankers do exactly the same thing to us once again? And big business bonuses will be performance related, not doled out even when you shagged the bank's finances so badly, you take the nation's future down with it.

I'd place a blanket tax of the same rate on everyone. And close all high-end loopholes (as is currently) where the tax band is supposed to be higher at the top-end yet they manage to pay proportionaly less.

Immigration, all new arrivals will spend the first year in Peckham Rye - that will filter out the genuine refugee cases from the economic ones.

MPs would be accountable and capable of being dismissed by their electorate. As in all other jobs.

Put a typewriter in police batons so they could crack skulls of thugs and fill in the paperwork at the same time.

Quote: SlagA @ April 17 2010, 8:53 PM BST

I'd place a blanket tax of the same rate on everyone. And close all high-end loopholes (as is currently) where the tax band is supposed to be higher at the top-end yet they manage to pay proportionaly less.

I just read that 47% of Americans don't pay any income tax. That just ain't right.

Just ain't right? It's grotesque. And they'd be the ones most loudly whinging about how the government was spending their taxes.

In the UK, the more you earn, the more you can wiggle out of paying. Which is just as grotesque.

Equity means everyone, not just those that can't afford to be above it. :)

As an addition to the OP;what would your comedy policies be?

Kill Simon Pegg.

Save Simon Pegg.

Quote: Aaron @ April 21 2010, 1:04 PM BST

Kill Simon Pegg.

Bad boy!

Quote: zooo @ April 21 2010, 1:05 PM BST

Save Simon Pegg.

Good girl!

Quote: zooo @ April 21 2010, 1:05 PM BST

Save Simon Pegg.

Following him on Twitter. Quite funny.

Eat Simon Pegg.

I'd close all loopholes...I hate loopholes - they're always being exploited by the filthy idle stinking and chinless, and the rich!

I would first set up a Ministry of Loopholes, and when it had finished hunting down every loophole and killing it, I would close it down, before any loopholes emerged in it.

I think the anihilation of the loophole has to be our greatest quest today. They breed quicker than bloomin foreigners and they must be put to death. Loopholes that is, not foreigners - they can just be deported.

I'd make it compulsory for all men to have shoulder length hair. All receders/bald men would be assigned a suitable comic hair piece.

Quote: SlagA @ April 17 2010, 8:53 PM BST

Put a typewriter in police batons so they could crack skulls of thugs and fill in the paperwork at the same time.

Laughing out loud

My policies would be:

1) Mass reform of the House of Commons to reflect modern society. To bring voting in to the 21st Centuary we should rip out all the seats and bring back Mike Reid from the dead to host 'MP Runnaround'. It would be interesting to see who jumps answers at the last second.

2) Link the rate of income tax to the length of you Surname

3) Make Girls aloud a capital offence

I think this Cleric has some good ideas.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/apr/19/women-blame-earthquakes-iran-cleric

He has a good point. I know a lot of promiscuous women who say they can make the earth move for their men :-)

Quote: Cheesehoven @ April 17 2010, 4:03 PM BST

Unfortunately, a necessary evil. Although the BBC does some good work in some areas, it is so riddled with Cultural Marxism that I'm afraid its reform is no longer possible so its destruction is essential.

'it is so riddled with Cultural Marxism that I'm afraid its reform is no longer possible so its destruction is essential.'

You really are a prat, cheesehoven.