Forgive me if this is already out there... Page 2

I was wondering about the style of stuff people sent in. I don't know what Chris Barrie's got in mind but he's not usually one for darker sweary stuff, which is what I'm sending. Has anyone else sent in profane material or played it safe?

CB? Captain Bumhole London's anus themed superhero?

Also known as Boris Johnson.

Geez that was quick. But I don't know if that's a yes or a no.

I sent my patented topical nonsense.

Nothing like predictable failure. But with anything broadcast I generally drop the swear and toilet words.

Hmm. That's unfortunate but good advice. Cheers.

Mine was full of profanities and other quite offensive stuff, but I still got the email to say they were interested..

Quote: nwhitmore @ March 8 2010, 11:31 AM GMT

Mine was full of profanities and other quite offensive stuff, but I still got the email to say they were interested..

When did you send it?

I sent in a a compilation of my most recent topical one-liners and also a handful of (well, 3 actually) topical sketches, just to show them what I could do.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ March 8 2010, 12:51 PM GMT

I sent in a a compilation of my most recent topical one-liners and also a handful of (well, 3 actually) topical sketches, just to show them what I could do.

Really? I was polishing off three sketches to send when I read the OP properly where it asks for mainly one-liners and monologues, but maybe now I'll send a sketch or two.

Quote: sootyj @ March 8 2010, 11:35 AM GMT

When did you send it?

About a week ago.

Yeah, it asks for "mainly one-liners" but I figured I'd send a variety of samples.

For those who say they got a reply saying they were interested in your stuff can I ask what exactly they wrote. Cheers.

I got rejected.

Glad to see so did at least one fellow writer I respect.

Quote: sootyj @ March 9 2010, 11:25 PM GMT

I got rejected.

Glad to see so did at least one fellow writer I respect.

Aww bless, sooty. But he really liked my stuff and asked for my number so he could call me. I haven't had any good luck writing wise of late so I kind of want to know if he/they have contacted anyone and what they discussed.

The first email I had from them said;

Dear Nicholas,

Many thanks for responding to the advert in The Stage.

We are interested in your material and will keep it on file for consideration.

Kind regards,

Emma Mann
Sound Identity Ltd

I then got an email back last night, discussing the actual material I sent them, which looks quite promising.

Hope this helps.