The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 92

Quote: PhQnix @ February 27 2010, 5:23 PM GMT

If you were genuinely able to put your club allegiance aside you'd realise what a stupid comment that was.

But the whole idea of shaking hands before a match is a farce anyway. It doesn't mean anything.

As the loud mouth wanker Bellamy said, we all know what type of person Terry is. I wouldn't want to shake his hand whether he did the dirty deed or not.

And yes, I'm sure Bellamy meant he was a c**t.

Quote: Mike T @ February 27 2010, 6:32 PM GMT

As the loud mouth wanker Bellamy said, we all know what type of person Terry is. I wouldn't want to shake his hand whether he did the dirty deed or not.

And yes, I'm sure Bellamy meant he was a c**t.

My exact feelings about rooney!

So where will it end? Choosing who you shake hands with? it could have a very unsporting effect. Why would anyone in their right mind want to shake Roy Keane's hand when all he wanted to do was break your leg - or worse!

But it's such a standard thing to do that the act of not doing it becomes seen as a public act of disrespect or defiance. Wenger has set a very bad example to players, the sulky frog has opened the gates for other spoiled twats to make such a public gesture. It is something you just don't see in the much more manly and civilised sport of rugby.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ February 27 2010, 8:46 PM GMT

But it's such a standard thing to do that the act of not doing it becomes seen as a public act of disrespect or defiance. Wenger has set a very bad example to players, the sulky frog has opened the gates for other spoiled twats to make such a public gesture. It is something you just don't see in the much more manly and civilised sport of rugby.

Apart from all the stamping on each other's heads.

Quote: catskillz @ February 27 2010, 9:18 PM GMT

All part of growing up and being British !

Quote: catskillz @ February 27 2010, 9:18 PM GMT

Well said catskillz. I'm always annoyed by people talking up the so-called civilised nature of a game that tolerates stamping, gouging, punching and general thuggery.

Quote: Badge @ February 27 2010, 9:31 PM GMT

Well said catskillz. I'm always annoyed by people talking up the so-called civilised nature of a game that tolerates stamping, gouging, punching and general thuggery.

Yes - but I think they keep it on the pitch though.

After all it's not a game of skill.

I'd piss on Terrys chocolate orange

I don't give a toss about the private lives of John Terry, Wayne Bridge, Ashley Cole etc., I just wish the media would butt out and stop affording pro footballers celebrity status. Report on the sport and keep it to the back pages.

What I am concerned with is the lack of respect invading football - particularly the blatant refusal of a handshake. There is no excuse to snub a fellow in the field of sport with so many impressionable spectators.

I just think the FA should stop this ridiculous shaking hands ceremony before every little league game, because now it's being scrutinised so much that little incidents like the other day gets far more coverage than the game itelf! Shake hands after, if you want to, there's no need before, unless it's a big cup game or international, it's got silly.

What does everyone think of Bellamy's post-match interview, on Saturday?

Seemed fair enough. He didn't say anything that he shouldn't be picked up for. He intimated that John Terry is a bit of a prick off the field and that everyone in football knows about it and as far as I'm aware the whole affair shows that this is the case.

Did you see the handshake between Bellamy and Terry? Bellamy's look of revulsion summed up my feelings towards Terry perfectly.

A few gags on the Terry/Cole sex scandals:

http://www.gmfootball.com/2009-2010/A-Johnny-Pork-Her-and-Seven-Up.html

I said 'gags', not 'good gags'.

Quote: PhQnix @ March 1 2010, 10:59 AM GMT

Seemed fair enough. He didn't say anything that he shouldn't be picked up for. He intimated that John Terry is a bit of a prick off the field and that everyone in football knows about it and as far as I'm aware the whole affair shows that this is the case.

And as Terry said "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." Bellamy is no saint. He's got a catalodue of off the field incidents of violence. Surely violence is worse then screwing someone's ex.

and I see the bastards got away with it again. It's one rule for the scum and one for the rest. Vidic is a filthy bastard - and I bet Ferguson condones it. C**t!