Nurse Jackie

Did anyone see this...what's the verdict, could be a grower. subtle.

Very pacy and sharp can it keep up that pace?

I heart Edie Falco.

Don't forget your capital letters! Especially in thread titles.

Yes we are anal. :)

I have recorded this show to watch later, as I liked her in The Sopranos.

Not convinced, but interesting enough that I might have bothered tuning in for an episode next week. Certainly not grabbing me enough though to have me clear my schedule so I can watch it every weeknight til Tuesday after next.

My mum just said it was a cross between Green Wing and ER.
The mind boggles.

Saw it here on HBO and am eagerly anticipating the next season - Edie Falco is brilliant (as always) and thought the scripts can be a bit uneven (some odd slapstick here and there) it's well worth your time.

Quote: Griff @ January 4 2010, 10:48 PM GMT

It pisses me off when they put shows on every night for weeks on end. (Is it called stripping or stranding or something?) You never manage to tape them all, never mind watch them all. They did that with The Wire and they're doing it with Mad Men at the moment. Bastards.

It's why God invented DVD. Although I agree, it's a real pisser when TV channels throw away good shows by running them on consecutive days. At least Mad Men Season 3 will get a proper run (I hope). And it looks great from the trailers.

As for Nurse Jackie. It didn't do much for me. I've liked Edie Falco since she was a prisoner-murdering guard in Oz, but this all seemed a bit "Meh!". The sort of stuff we've seen a thousand times before.

Quote: Griff @ January 4 2010, 10:48 PM GMT

It pisses me off when they put shows on every night for weeks on end. (Is it called stripping or stranding or something?) You never manage to tape them all, never mind watch them all. They did that with The Wire and they're doing it with Mad Men at the moment. Bastards.

Agreed. Instead of the pleasant expectation of waiting for the next episode, the reaction is "oh f**k, it is on again and I still have seven epsiodes I haven't watched - I am going to have to make space on the harddrive."

If TV companies are going to do this they might as well stop braodcasting and just sell DVD boxsets.

Like it very much...very well written.

Yes a truly smashing show. There were some excellent lines. There needs to be more British shows of this standard. Don't worry Britain I have started drafting a new sitcom this afternoon.

Quote: Griff @ February 20 2011, 12:19 AM GMT

It's very bleak. And barely a sitcom. Definitely a comedy drama despite the half-hour slot.

Really?

I'm surprised Aaron hasn't listed it in the 'Sketch Shows' section then.

Quote: Griff @ February 20 2011, 12:19 AM GMT

Anybody else watching S2 of this? It's very bleak. And barely a sitcom. Definitely a comedy drama despite the half-hour slot. Despite which, still quite enjoyable.

I'd watch Edie Falco even if she was guest starring in Coming of Age,

It's pretty good. I started watching it late and am still trying to catch up.

Yeah, it's not bad. Am thinking it was a good decision for a thirty minute running time. Enough to not loose interest.

Quote: sootyj @ February 20 2011, 12:38 AM GMT

I'd watch Edie Falco even if she was guest starring in Coming of Age,

Steady on now...