Worst Food Combos Page 3

Flap Sticks are almost like battered sausages, although different ratio in the batter.

Say, DaButt. Stupid question, but have you had a battered sausage before? Do you get beer batter over there? I bet you'd/do love it.

Quote: Leevil @ November 25 2009, 4:57 PM GMT

Say, DaButt. Stupid question, but have you had a battered sausage before? Do you get beer batter over there? I bet you'd/do love it.

I've never had a battered sausage, but I'm sure I'd love it.

Sausages aren't as big a part of the American diet as they are of the British. I envy your choices of sausage and wish I could walk down the street past shops with all sorts of fresh sausages in the window.

We actually have a decent selection of sausages, but typically we only eat it as a breakfast food or pizza topping. I know hot dogs are stereotypical American fare, but adults don't eat them all that often unless they're at a sporting event. They're typically used as a means of getting small kids to eat meat.

That said, I can never pass up the opportunity to have a dog at Pink's when I'm in Los Angeles.

http://www.pinkshollywood.com/pgz/menu.htm

I'm partial to the America the Beautiful Dog: 12" Jalapeno Dog, pastrami, bacon, lettuce, & chopped tomatoes.
Lovey

Yeah, we have beer batter. It's typically used when frying shrimp or fish.

Quote: DaButt @ November 25 2009, 4:45 PM GMT

Do not knock the corndog!

On a recent shopping trip, we heard this morbidly obese couple chatting about their grocery shopping. As the wife rolled away on her motorized cart, her husband (on his own motorized cart) yelled out, "How are we for corndogs?!?"

This evidently means that they are never out of corndogs and are in a state of constant replenishment. eew.

Laughing out loud

They're just getting the basics; Bread, milk, eggs and corndogs.

Quote: Leevil @ November 25 2009, 4:28 PM GMT

I think I'm going to make pancakes soon. Don't have any sausages to wrap around it though, or chocolate chips!

I'd like to see you try to wrap a sausage around a pancake!

...Wait. >_<

Quote: DaButt @ November 25 2009, 5:08 PM GMT

They're typically used as a means of getting small kids to eat meat.

And they contain crap 'meat' and are a huge choking hazard to small kids!

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 25 2009, 5:26 PM GMT

And they contain crap 'meat' and are a huge choking hazard to small kids!

Meat is meat and every parent I know cuts up the hot dogs for choking-age children.

I've never had a battered sausage, but I'm sure I'd love it.

You would. Mmmmmmm.

Sausages aren't as big a part of the American diet as they are of the British. I envy your choices of sausage and wish I could walk down the street past shops with all sorts of fresh sausages in the window.

You're missing out.

(A trip to Soho would do you the world of good.)

They're typically used as a means of getting small kids to eat meat.

What do small kids normally eat in Americaland then?

Quote: Aaron @ November 25 2009, 5:25 PM GMT

I'd like to see you try to wrap a sausage around a pancake!

...Wait. >_<

:D Huh?

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 25 2009, 5:26 PM GMT

And they contain crap 'meat'

True. And unlike KFC, they don't even have the taste factor to fall back on. How did they get the humble sausage so very wrong?

We will soon see people in car parks corndogging. Someone brings the sausage the other the batter...

Quote: Aaron @ November 25 2009, 5:30 PM GMT

You're missing out.

(A trip to Soho would do you the world of good.)

Old Compton. The gang-bang capital of London.

Quote: LIME5000 @ November 25 2009, 5:31 PM GMT

Old Compton. The gang-bang capital of London.

Or Hampstead Heath, but it's not got that many roads...

I can answer your question Aaron. My little kids love chicken and pork as long as it looks like store bought chicken nuggets. They are both kind of fussy, but by dressing it up to look like something else, I can usually get them to eat almost anything. My oldest isn't fussy at all.
My kids don't eat convenience food at all, which is what most American kids seem to eat.

Quote: Aaron @ November 25 2009, 5:32 PM GMT

Or Hampstead Heath, but it's not got that many roads...

"All roads lead to foam." As my granny used to say.