30 Rock - Season 4

Started last night in the States. As I don't have Comedy Central, and couldn't wait if I did, I'll be getting this later to watch immediately.

As it doesn't air here for a while (I'd imagine) please type any potential spoilers in small font, so as not to spoil it for others. :)

I won't spoil anything for you...although it's really hard not too...

It was funny but not their best.

I thought it was great, nice to see Kenneth on the screen again too.

I thought it was great, too. Shame Five have dropped it in the UK though.

I'm watching them at the moment on Comedy central.
Which series has the Oprah & Jennifer Aniston episodes?

Just looked it up
Season 3
I must have missed the first one.

Sadly, Season 4 has been really, really poor so far and I don't think it's going to change in future. Although the writers (Carlock, Riggi, Hubbard) have been known to deliver proper episodes in the past, everything seems to have changed for the worse over the summer break. Bad decisions have been made.

They didn't continue the kidney story from the Season 3 finale (in fact, it wasn't even so much as hinted at) and they basically took out all the edgy New York humour that made the first three seasons so wonderful, in an obvious attempt to please the thick-headed Middle West. This is clearly reflected in Episode 1 when Donaghy tells the team that the show has become too elitist, thereby excluding the common folks.

The result, both in TGS and 30 Rock, is boring, pale, run-of-the-mill dross. Lemon and Donaghy both appear to have undergone a mild lobotomy, leaving them as completely different people.

So if you are a fan, spare yourself the painful experience. Try Parks and Recreation (NBC) and Modern Family (ABC).

Loving the current season. Perhaps a little lighter on the mega-LOLs than previous, but still such a great show. Light years ahead of most of the wank we've been subjected to here in the past few years.

Season 3 of this is finally out in this country on DVD in April. About time too.

Quote: chipolata @ February 25 2010, 1:48 PM GMT

Season 3 of this is finally out in this country on DVD in April. About time too.

I shall have to fork out for it, I expect.

I've been liking the new series; Kevin Meaney's John Hancock in the 'Winter Madness' episode was great. It's a tough call who made better use of walking history tours... Peep Show or 30 Rock? Clearly it was a bigger plot point in Peep Show, but I love the way 30 Rock mixed historical accuracy with wild ignorance.

30 Rock.

Finally bought the Season 3 DVD of 30 Rock today, so looking forward to getting home and watching episodes from a couple of years ago. Ah well, better late than never.

Quote: chipolata @ April 6 2010, 9:48 AM BST

Finally bought the Season 3 DVD of 30 Rock today, so looking forward to getting home and watching episodes from a couple of years ago. Ah well, better late than never.

That's spooky, I just did the exact same thing! You didn't happen to buy Moon and Let the Right One In on Blu-Ray too?

Quote: David Bussell @ April 6 2010, 10:35 AM BST

You didn't happen to buy Moon and Let the Right One In on Blu-Ray too?

No.