British Comedy Guide

Big Party Plans Page 6

I had no reason to not believe the media when they were reporting that the guy had been killed, which they for many hours afterwards they were...

It's not as though I'm suggesting the guy isn't the shooter or there is something being covered-up. It's just that for the sake of the law-abiding and patriotic American-Muslim community, the "facts" shouldn't be pre-judged until some official conclusions are drawn. There are always some cranks out there who take comfort from incidents like this (as they did after 9/11) to take it out on communities they didn't like to begin with.

The news reported that he was dead because he was shot multiple times and finally found himself on life support in the hospital. There's no comparison between sketchy reports from the scene of an ongoing conflict and calm, cool and collected interviews with neighbors many miles from the scene.

Do you appreciate my more serious point though?

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 8 2009, 1:51 AM GMT

Do you appreciate my more serious point though?

I appreciate that you're a thoughtful soul who doesn't want to see an entire religion tarnished by the actions of one man. But I'm a kind, thoughtful soul who wishes he could have smashed this piece of shit into atoms before he killed 13 innocent people.

Well, fair enough, we share some common ground then. I feel very much the same way about the Afghan policeman who killed five of our troops last week.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 8 2009, 2:00 AM GMT

I feel very much the same way about the Afghan policeman who killed five of our troops last week.

Same situation, but imagine if the cop had been born and raised in London.

Wanna join my superhero squad? I want to rain down death and furious anger upon the scum who walk among us. It's a bad feeling to want to kill someone, but I'd do it again and again if given the chance.

Quote: DaButt @ November 8 2009, 2:05 AM GMT

I'm sure the US has an even longer list, but apparently we have about 2000 "home grown" potential suspects under surveillance by various anti-terrorist units at the moment.

As 7/7 revealed to us, it is especially depressing when people who have been born and nurtured by your country turn their back on their fellow citizens in the worst possible way. No doubt, this latest atrocity will re-open the debate about the loyalty owed to one's country versus the loyalty to one's religion, and whether there needs to be serious measures taken to determine where that balance should lie.

Your squad? It's a deal. You, me and Renegade Carpark. I can be the bleeding-heart liberal one who, every episode, tries to reason with the nutters before you and RC simply blow them away when they betray my trust in them. (I can kind of be like Henry in Hill Street Blues at every single hostage situation he ever dealt with.)

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 8 2009, 2:13 AM GMT

No doubt, this latest atrocity will re-open the debate about the loyalty owed to one's country versus the loyalty to one's religion, and whether there needs to be serious measures taken to determine where that balance should lie.

I can't see our government ever making that decision. But our people can and will step up themselves, so the armed American citizenry will always triumph over the murderous bastards if given the opportunity.

Quote: Timbo @ November 7 2009, 6:28 PM GMT

No doubt about his intention, but has all the other stuff has been confirmed? I am not saying it is not true, but all sort of shit gets reported in the immediate aftermath of an incident like this (and then quietly revised later).

Anyway we have hijacked Dr. Mato's party thread.

There's a damn good reason why it was hijacked. Anyone guess what it could be?

Quote: Aaron @ November 6 2009, 12:03 PM GMT

You could infiltrate a US military base and shoot a dozen or so soldiers. Sounds like a right laugh.

Oh, that.

Seriously Aaron, I love this website and forums and all that, but you aren't half a tit sometimes. If anyone else had said that on any other thread you would be waving a warning-cum-banning stick asking people to "play nice". Please play nice, Aaron! :)

Take my party thread and turn it into an american shoot em up pile of poo.

*STOMP STOMP STOMP Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Quote: Badge @ November 8 2009, 2:20 AM GMT

There's a damn good reason why it was hijacked. Anyone guess what it could be?

Oh, that.

Seriously Aaron, I love this website and forums and all that, but you aren't half a tit sometimes. If anyone else had said that on any other thread you would be waving a warning-cum-banning stick asking people to "play nice". Please play nice, Aaron! :)

No, he will pretend to play innocent.............with a high pile of arrogance.

*STOMP STOMP STOMP Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Quote: Dr Mato @ November 8 2009, 3:09 AM GMT

Is it raining yet?

Quote: Marc P @ November 8 2009, 9:05 AM GMT

Is it raining yet?

Rain........... I am thinking rain is just too calm. Smarmy

Quote: DaButt @ November 8 2009, 2:05 AM GMT

Wanna join my superhero squad? I want to rain down death and furious anger upon the scum who walk among us. It's a bad feeling to want to kill someone, but I'd do it again and again if given the chance.

Dabutt this is extremely scary language, and, I'm sorry to say, makes you absolutely no better than them.

Quote: sootyj @ November 7 2009, 7:16 PM GMT

Is this the best ever topic leap on BCG?

I don't think there's been any spurious mention of Hitler of paedophiles yet, so we're not quite there!

Quote: Aaron @ November 8 2009, 2:12 PM GMT

I don't think there's been any spurious mention of Hitler of paedophiles yet, so we're not quite there!

Surely that's standard BCG lingua franca?

I mean I saw the first post; happy part time! final post Islamism and massacre.