Does anyone know a good spirographers?

I have just handed in my work for my MA course.

I was astonished to find that they wanted it handed in spirographed. I get the impression they attach more importance to having hard back and spirograph copies of the work than the actual work itself, which in my oppinion is why the people who run the course are having to teach writing.

Anyway does anyone know of a cheap spirographer near Manchester?

Ask at your uni, they'll know who to go to.

Like this type-o-thing?

I used to loooove doing that.

Don't Staples do hard-backing 'n' shit?

They do shit. That's for certain.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ November 2 2009, 6:30 PM GMT

I have just handed in my work for my MA course.

I was astonished to find that they wanted it handed in spirographed. I get the impression they attach more importance to having hard back and spirograph copies of the work than the actual work itself, which in my oppinion is why the people who run the course are having to teach writing.

Anyway does anyone know of a cheap spirographer near Manchester?

Does your university not have a facility on campus? Most do. Wherever they have the facilities for printing and copycopying, if you ask at the desk, they normally provide that service for a small fee as most students are now expected to do this for their dissertations.

Ronnie, how the hell did you ever get your bachelor's?

:)

Most universities and colleges where people are producing theses and doing stuff for lectures etc. normally have something they call an "audio-visual department". They usually deal with this kind of thing. :)

Luckily I to have present my stuff as scripts so just loose in an envelope or with brads.

They want it in a fancy spirographed file and it's apparently fifty quid to get it done, also they want a version in hard back which I am not event hinking about at the moment. There is no facility whatsoever at the uni. There is a spirographers in Cardiff but I live in Manchester so I hoped to find one closer to home.

is it an art project for school?

No, it is for Uni. Though, this enuqiry proves my point that sporgraphy in no way relfects someone ability to write and so should there is no reason whatosever that they should request the work be devliered ina spirographed file.

What is it? Like a spiral binding?

Most copy shops offer different binding services. (http://www.u-print.com/thesisbinding.html)

Quote: jim field @ November 3 2009, 12:32 PM GMT

is it an art project for school?

Best to make sure capital letters are used if it's for any kind of public presentation.