Being Erica Page 2

I'll certainly have a watch of this show, annagranfors.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

I'm sure every post of hers has been a thread with an uploaded alternative to an official copy of a DVD cover. It's been a contribution to the boards, and as far as I remember, hasn't bothered a fly.

Leevil: yeah, I'm an inveterate Photoshop geek. And thanks for the defence, to those of you who did! :)

I like all the artwork, it's very good. I'm never keen on the text on the back cover though.

I'd never use one as, if you're going to download this stuff, which is what I imagine they're for, why would you put them in a case with a cover. I just haven't got the room.

But, as I said, I do like the artwork. Good stuff annagranfors. :)

You did it yourself? Why?

Fun?

sootyj: Thank you for your comment. Your opinion is very important to me. Please feel free to share again in the future. (Third time's usually the charm...)

Quote: sootyj @ October 25 2009, 6:04 PM BST

Hmm looks like shit and that's the worst cover quote ever.

Sootyj has passed judgement.

Sorry I assumed it was just something you'd downloaded off of Amazon, no idea idea you'd done it yourself.

Program still looks awful.

NilPutters: Cheers for the compliments. As it happens, I *do* have the room, but more importantly, I'd always wanted to be a commercial artist, so it's just a way to spend a pleasant afternoon, for me. And, according to the hit counts on my Flickr account, a lot of people seem to be downloading them (for their own private use, of course).

(And I'm not kidding, there--I check eBay from time to time to see if they're being used illegitimately, and would report any violations to eBay).

So, shorter answer? Combination of fun and ego. :)

Quote: annagranfors @ October 25 2009, 11:14 PM BST

NilPutters: Cheers for the compliments. As it happens, I *do* have the room, but more importantly, I'd always wanted to be a commercial artist, so it's just a way to spend a pleasant afternoon, for me.

It's nice too have something you enjoy doing. And you're good at them. If I had cases and unlimited printer ink I'd probably use some of them. :) As I said, great stuff.

Quote: sootyj @ October 25 2009, 11:10 PM BST

Sorry I assumed it was just something you'd downloaded off of Amazon, no idea idea you'd done it yourself.

Program still looks awful.

HA ha ha ha...you feel bad now don't you. Laughing out loud

LIME5000: Now, now. He said he had no "idea idea", so all is forgiven forgiven.

Like Sherlock Holmes I have no concionse.

(albeit I'm not an opium addict who bums drs)

yes,YOu do it without opium.

The thing I hate most about this show(and I haven't seen it yet) is that it is exactly the same idea I've had for a while.

I hope when I do get around to watching it it's good because this is something I've wanted to see for awhile.

And as for the DVD cover, I thought it looked pretty good. Simplistic and yet at the same time stands out.