Being Erica

Hi-rez at: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2612/4042493295_3c44172c4d_o.jpg

Along with Dollhouse, the only entertainment programme I really look forward to watching presently. (I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't love Peep Show, but there you are.) Erin Karpluk is adorable, the ensemble's good and getting better, and some of the writing has been startlingly good. (At its worst, it could be described as a girly Quantum Leap, but at its best, a girly Doctor Who. And a good episode of Doctor Who, at that.)

This cover, it must be said, still owes a lot to the official Canadian cover, but it was always a given, even before I saw the official version, that the colour scheme and the filigrees utilized in the show's opening would be used, and actually, the colour scheme is closer to the colours used than the bluer ones on the official. I hated the photo of Erica and Dr. Tom they used on the official version, too, and thought this shot was much nicer. And I love the door, as opposed to the plain white door of the original. (The true fan-made DVD artiste geeks will notice my very small joke of putting the CBC logo on a UK template. Ha, ha.)

As always, this image is for private use only, and its use for any commercial purpose is not intended nor condoned. All rights belong to the original artists, and none are claimed on my part.

Hmm looks like shit and that's the worst cover quote ever.

Sootyj has passed judgement.

This is where we all come from.

Quote: LIME5000 @ October 25 2009, 6:35 PM BST

This is where we all come from.

I'm sorry Lime but the Human Race did not spring from David Bowie's cock.

I agree, I was actually refering to us in the nation of Soot.

It's a talc cut price cult, don't you know!

sootyj: Thank you for your comment. Your opinion is very important to me. Please feel free to share again in the future.

Quote: sootyj @ October 25 2009, 6:04 PM BST

Hmm looks like shit and that's the worst cover quote ever.

Agreed.

Don't like the title either.

And don't like the back cover photo. Never pose someone with a f**king metaphor, first rule of comedy.

And I don't like the aspect ratio it uses.

Oh, and what are the BBC and E4 doing putting money into a Canadian programme anyway? Let the French do it for once.

The misses watches it. It's a bit cheesy and the quoting from one of the characters is friggin' annoying. Not that funny either. Predictable and moralistic, like an episode of The Cosby's on acid.

Why have I been watching it too Errr

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 25 2009, 8:37 PM BST

Agreed.

Don't like the title either.

And don't like the back cover photo. Never pose someone with a f**king metaphor, first rule of comedy.

And I don't like the aspect ratio it uses.

Oh, and what are the BBC and E4 doing putting money into a Canadian programme anyway? Let the French do it for once.

Anything else you disapprove of sire??

Tim Walker: Thank you for your comment. Your opinion is very important to me. Please feel free to share again in the future.

Quote: LIME5000 @ October 25 2009, 8:42 PM BST

Anything else you disapprove of sire??

Yes, they're put 'Running Time: Hours and Hours and Hours'. Meant to be a joke, I suppose. Why not just tell us what the sodding running time is and leave it at that? Angry

Quote: annagranfors @ October 25 2009, 8:44 PM BST

Tim Walker: Thank you for your comment. Your opinion is very important to me. Please feel free to share again in the future.

Wasn't funny the first time. :(

I think you're being a bit harsh on annagranfors, she's been a member for longer than most of you.

Don't take any notice of me, I'm just in the mood to be grumpy tonight.

Who said that Huh?

Quote: Leevil @ October 25 2009, 8:46 PM BST

I think you're being a bit harsh on annagranfors, she's been a member for longer than most of you.

How does it matter that someone has been here longer?? Thats Crazy talk monkey...just crazy.

And Mr walker...SMILE! :D