Need some honest opinion

Hey

Long time no post. I've been working on this for a while, in fact it's been long enough that I can't tell whether it's funny or not anymore.

So I'm looking for some honest opinion and I thought, where better.

So, no back slapping, it won't help me. What do you guys think. You can stream it at this link.

http://drop.io/hidden/qz9vqxlphfqccv/asset/YmFja2FyZC1jb21wbGV0ZS1tcDM=

Cheers guys.

That is so good/funny and different

Very good. Well written with some great lines and well performed. I'd listen to more. My only gripe was that it wasn't clear whether the lead character was a private detective or a cop - could be I wasn't listening close enough. Good work!

Bo.

Cheers guys. Got to say I wasn't expecting such good reviews!

The plan is to have two more episodes done to finish the story, then podcast it.

Oh and Roodeye, if you do have the time/will to point out what you thought was weak please do. Your personal opinion matters!

Very professional production and some excellent lines. Kept me entertained and happy to listen to more.

Well I hope you didn't misunderstand the detective line because I wouldn't like to lose that compliment :) Thanks!

Taken all your points Roodeye cheers. The thing about pitching to people is that I just can't do it anymore lol. I had a couple of email addresses for BBC producers but I think they might have moved on. So my new approach is this - produce it myself. I find it more fulfilling than sending emails and getting nothing back. This way I can get things done.

And yeah, Vanessa Valure is a pro stage actress :) I'm using only the best here you know!

What's happened to Roodeye's posts? I look like a crazy man now.

As opposed to when...

Quote: Tom Pk @ October 25 2009, 6:15 PM BST

What's happened to Roodeye's posts?

Good thread to start. Dare you! Pirate

Quote: Tom Pk @ October 25 2009, 6:15 PM BST

What's happened to Roodeye's posts? I look like a crazy man now.

From the "Wedding Day" thread:

Quote: Roodeye @ October 25 2009, 5:01 PM BST

Sorry, Aaron.

No offence intended.

I thought the sentiment expressed was both 'funny' and 'true'.

Apparently, it was only 'true'.

I'll now remove myself and my original works permantly from your forum.

Best wishes to all. Cool

Ah I see....One of them was it.

One of 'them' ??

I think you'll find one of these appropriate.

Ha actually I just meant one of those situations.

Hi Tom,

Listened to your piece and found it very entertaining with good pace.

In the early minutes, there were overtones of Sean Connery in your main character's diction - but this disappeared as he assumed a very plausible 'Sam Spade'.

On a pedantic note [with a view to authenticity] there was an anglicized pronunciation of 'multi-storey' when referring to the car park. To me, it stuck out like a sore thumb!

Apart from those minor points, very good work.