Tortured Middle Eastern lover-----Video

Jake Lentil gives a rare performance of his 1970's classic hit " El moto Co "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZIJIGi4Las

Laughing out loud

That was beautiful.

Thank you so much Leevil. Jake made the classic mistake of loving unconditionally and look where it got the poor bastard !.
There is a lesson here for all of us I believe.

He got some cool shades out of it though, so it's not all bad.

That's the sadness of it Leevil. He didn't even get the glasses. Borrowed from a friend I'm afraid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZIJIGi4Las

He looked like he could make a mean kebab!

Was he rolling any meat under the table?

Nice one! :)

Oh dear Kent Pete, you're odder than I first thought.

Don't know if it's a classic piece of 'you tube' or a guy having a breakdown on camera. Could be both I suppose. :D

Genuine bemusement, boredom began to creep in.

1min 20secs (approx) start laughing

become quite attached to the guy

Jake Lentil looks like the guy who runs out of barns in Westerns wearing long johns because someone has stolen his clothes.

I can't find any mention of him in the Guinness Book of Hit Singles. Was El Moto Co really pushed off the Christmas top slot by Lip Up Fatty?

The Moto genre was very popular around Eastern Europe in the early 1970's. Jake is probably the greatest living exponent of this kind of music in the world.
Indeed so revered is he that they actually have a statue of him in the middle of Bucharest. A legend.

Is that the one next to Marshall Tito? I only saw it in passing and the coach windows were very dirty.

Do you have access to any more of his easy listening classics? I'm thinking of ripping them to my ipod and listening to them on my allotment.

Yes Mr Godot, the statue of which you so speak is indeed Jake Lentil.

Also back in 1985 they did a set of commemorative stamps believing him to have died in a fishing accident. However this was mere Soviet propaganda to destroy the moral of the Romanians before the 1986 World Cup. Ruskie bastards.

It was probably just a cock-up on the part of the Soviets. Did you know that when Yuri Gagarin did his famous orbit of the earth all he had to eat was dog food because they'd sent him up in the wrong capsule?

Worse still Laika, Gagarin's dog, had to sit down to Egg and Chip's every night, and that ain't no fun for a German Shepherd.

If anyone is interested Jake Lentil is doing a one off concert at The Waverley Garden Centre, Crouch End, Friday 4th January 2008. He will be singing the full 225 minute version of 'El Moto Co',[with no intervals]. An experience not to be missed.