Shows within shows you'd like to see?

Off the top of my head, I'd love to see Skirmish, Alan Partridge's military based quiz show. And Andy Millman's When The Whistle Blows actually looked like a pretty decent show, certainly no worse than a lot of friday night fodder. But the show that would probably be a classic is its own right would be the actuall Larry Sanders show - in all the excerpts you saw, Larry Sanders was actually a consumate and very funny chat show host on a parr with Letterman... Any other shows within shows people can think of? Good or bad?

Oh, and although not a show, I'd love to taste cheesy peas.

The Frasier Crane show.

Globelink News.

Quote: Jason Kindred @ September 13, 2007, 2:58 PM

One I forgot to mention was The Bureau from The Day Today.

Laughing out loud

Actually, that would be great!

"NOSIN' AROUND" with Ben Elton from the first episode of THE YOUNG ONES.

"But that doesn't mean you can seduce my parrot." Think I got that quote right.

-Erik

When the Whistle Blows- Extras. "ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH"

I have been saying to friends for years that I wish Steve Coogan would actually produce 'Norfolk Nights with Alan Partridge' for BBC Radio 4.

Just a half hour segment with those wonderful phone ins... 'What happens if you only eat crisps', 'Who is the best 'Lord' (of the rings, of the flies, of the dance..) etc.

No laughter track - just as if it was live.

I'd tune in!

Yeah, sounds good. Pretty good radio though to reach you.

:P

Totally agree with Nosin around! Also from Family Guy "Fast animals......slow children".

The Itchy and Scratchy Show from "The Simpsons"

Terrance and Philip from "South Park", especially the movie

The Jerry Seinfeld Show (I think that's what it's called) from "Seinfeld" (The pilot they were going to make with the maid character but it fell through.)

-Erik

Quote: Ben Ripley @ September 13, 2007, 9:07 PM

I have been saying to friends for years that I wish Steve Coogan would actually produce 'Norfolk Nights with Alan Partridge' for BBC Radio 4.

Just a half hour segment with those wonderful phone ins... 'What happens if you only eat crisps', 'Who is the best 'Lord' (of the rings, of the flies, of the dance..) etc.

No laughter track - just as if it was live.

I'd tune in!

Me too!

That should be his next project, forget Saxondale series 3.

Whilst we are on the subject of Coogan and Partride.

What's the Big Ioidea?
Cooking in Prisons
A Partridge amount the Pigeons
Monkey Tennis?

Quote: Leevil @ September 13, 2007, 10:46 PM

Yeah, sounds good. Pretty good radio though to reach you.

:P

That's why I love the internet and 'listen again' - how else can I listen to 'I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue' or Amando Ianucci?

Quote: dannyjb1 @ September 14, 2007, 7:30 AM

Whilst we are on the subject of Coogan and Partride.

What's the Big Ioidea?
Cooking in Prisons
A Partridge amount the Pigeons
Monkey Tennis?

Ah, 'Monkey Tennis'... comic genius!

There is a game called monkey tennis on Playjam.

Saturday Night Live in the 80s had a great show:

"You can pick your friends, You can pick your Nose, But you can't pick your friend's nose."

The rules of the talk show were very simple: You can pick your friends, You can pick your Nose, But you can't pick your friend's nose.

Of course the guests on the show couldn't obey those rules.

It's a one-joke sketch, but was funny.

-Erik