So I saw Michael McIntyre was on tour...

...then I find it's an arena tour, which I just don't think stand ups should do. Not that they don't deserve it, I just feel it takes something special away from the evening.

Then the ticket price, £30 per person plus booking fees etc. :eek:

WTF is this about? I love Michael McIntyre, I think he's hillarious but I'm doubting I will be paying this much to see him live...especially in an arena.

I'm going to see Lee Mack in feb, this is cheaper, in a smaller venue and I actually prefer Lee Mack to McIntyre.

If it was the other way round (Mack in arena, McIntyre in theatre) I'd be going to both but as it is I don't think I will be.

Sorry for going on, I was just really suprised McIntyre was on an arena tour at £30 plus booking fee a go.

:( Really wanted to go though.

Perhaps Mr McIntyre will do a great bit of observational comedy about booking fees during the show? It's all layered with him, you know. :|

I was going to set off a bomb in one of the arenas, but then realised Britain would lose 95% of its accountants, chartered surveyors, librarians and low paid government workers.

If that happened, how would they find the needed quota of boring, matching jumper wearing, tedious bastards to appear on Bargain Hunt or The Weakest Link?

Luke, please, capital letters.

But on topic: I saw Lee Evans at the O2 last October. Very funny, and he's been doing those size venues for so long that he knows how to tailor his performance to them. Doesn't suffer for it IMO, but I can certainly appreciate that others would. Depends on the comic's style. The prices really do grate though.

SORRY :D

I'm just not a fan of Lee Evans, I like the guy...just don't find him that funny!

Quote: luke not going out to have two pints @ September 17 2009, 7:33 PM BST

SORRY :D

I'm just not a fan of Lee Evans, I like the guy...just don't find him that funny!

His really early stuff, where he tied rubber bands around his face, was hilarious.

No offence Luke, but you've given up any and all rights to comment on the comedy persuasions of others by stating that you love Michael McIntyre and think he's really funny.

You can't disagree that the said Mr McIntyre is very succesful.

Quote: bigfella @ September 17 2009, 8:45 PM BST

You can't disagree that the said Mr McIntyre is very succesful.

So is swine flu.

Quote: Nogget @ September 17 2009, 9:08 PM BST

So is swine flu.

It won't pack out arenas though will it?

Quote: bigfella @ September 17 2009, 9:19 PM BST

True, but McIntyre isn't as much fun as swine flu.

Quote: bigfella @ September 17 2009, 9:19 PM BST

Hitler used to pack out arenas...and he had better jokes.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 17 2009, 8:03 PM BST

No offence Luke, but you've given up any and all rights to comment on the comedy persuasions of others by stating that you love Michael McIntyre and think he's really funny.

Says who???? :P

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 17 2009, 9:32 PM BST

Laughing out loud

I did like that.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 17 2009, 9:32 PM BST

You don't exactly have anyone in hysterics either and if there was a 'Renegade Carpark' thread and I didn't (don't) find you funny, I simply wouldn't reply :P