Hello!

Hi everyone!

I'm Aaron, and I'm the Chief Editor here at the BSG Board. (Actually, not only do I run the board, but I programmed it, so please don't hesitate to contact me if you need any help!)

Anyway, about me. Hmmm... I never know quite what to say in these things, but here goes!

I'm a Web developer living in central London, and currently studying at the University of Greenwich (Web Technologies BSc, if anyone's interested).
Perhaps surprisingly (!) I'm also a huge fan of comedy - particularly sitcoms - and particularly British ones, and probably spend way much more time than is healthy watching them.

As for my taste in comedy, well that's a tricky one. Whilst I do love "modern" stuff, as a general rule I tend to go for those which are a bit earlier (I think primarily the '60s and '70s) - from the so-called "Golden Age" of British comedy.

I think that's about it, but do feel free to ask below if you want to know anything else. :)

(Oh, and for the record, I'm a "cat person". (And Coke is much better than Pepsi!))

Hihi

My name's Lucy. Obviously I'm a huge fan of Britcom Sitcom - I'm currently working on an outline for a political comedy.

I'm currently working in IT - NHS... Though I'm a politics student.

I collect Antiquarian books - Pre-18th/19th Century stuff - and am looking into avenues of book restoration.

Like Aaron, I'm a "cat" person - I have four cats. I also have a rather large Amazon parrot called Oracle :) I prefer coke - and non-diet coke.

Aha, normal Coke, of course! Lovely stuff. Don't like the diet. Tastes odd to me.

I'm quite into politics myself, so I'll be looking forward to seeing your political comedy some day! :)

Hi!

I'm Ian Dunn. I'm 20 years old, autistic, and love comedy! I want to get into comedy as both a performer and a stand-up. I've once came runner-up in Channel 4's "Send-a-Sketch" competition on their 4Laughs website, and I've recently sent a pilot of a sitcom to their "Comedy Lab".

My favourite sitcoms include "Dad's Army", "Yes Minister", "Drop the Dead Donkey", "Black Books", and top of the list, "Green Wing" (Tamsin Greig is the funniest woman around, no question).

Other comedies I like include on TV include "The Day Today", "Futurama", "QI", "Have I Got News For You" and "Big Train".

On radio, I like "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue", "The Now Show", "Just a Minute", "It's Been a Bad Week" and "Serious About Comedy".

I've seen a few stand-up comedians, including Ross Noble, Jimmy Carr, Jeremy Hardy, Sue Perkins, Dara O'Briain and Ben Elton.

I also like webcomics. Personal favourites include "Newshounds", "Poisoned Minds", "Funny Farm", "Exterminatus Now" and "Something Happens".

I've never really been able to "get into" 'webcomics', but those are some bloody brilliant TV and radio programmes you've listed. :)

If you are interested, a good place to start is "http://www.keenspot.com", which contains most of the comics I've listed. The exception is Exterminatus Now, which is at "http://exterminatusnow.comicgenesis.com/".

Thanks! I'll check those out a bit later. :)

Ooo Ian - what a wonderful combination of good shows :) Pleased to meet you

Hello, I'm Jessie... aka Aaron's fianceƩ. No prizes for guessing who made an account for me. ;)

Anyways, Aaron makes me watch old comedy programmes all the time, so I have to like them to stay sane.

My favourite sitcom is 'Black Books'.

Ermm.... HELLO!

Wave Hello! :)

Jessie - Black Books?! Love it :D

Oh yes! :)

Glad you agree!