Did Leevil "give himself" 50 points ??

I have been thinking about submitting some stuff for one of the competitions but looking back on the way the points have been allocated it looks as if Leevil literally manufactured a situation to get himself 50 points, makes it meaningless doesn't it. Did anyone else agree to his "Bonus Competition" ?.
No offence Leevil, but you have taken the heart out of it all haven't you.

I think you'll find Ms. Mack I gave them back. So :P

I didn't intend to win the points and now regret setting the bonus so high as well. Baumski has the 50, but I think even he'll admit Jude is the true winner.

But you still seem to have 60 points on the ladder Leevil which virtually guarantee's you top spot. Infact whoever won the 50 would be on top for some time. I'm sure you knew this.It made the ladder meamingless...I just wonder why being top of the ladder meant so much to you. I hope you aren't insulted it just appearred to smack of desperation that's all.

Oh I see Baumski now has an unassailable lead. Did people get on to you about it ?.

No, 'cos it's only a bit of fun. I did not cheat an I'm sure Baumski would be willing to remove himself if it means that much to you. The scoring system is 10 points for the winner.

I made a special bonus competition for the relaunching of the site (which has been delayed) I entered myself into it because I wanted the fun of writing the sketch, I just happened to win. I don't care about being on the leader board, it's all for fun, the competition was originally started to keep people writing and on their toes.

Just have fun.

50 - Baumski
30 - Jude <------------------- Jude is the rightful leader!
25 - Charley Rance
16 - Michael Monkhouse
16 - Frankie Rage
15 - Fred Peters
11 - David Chapman
10 - Leevil <------------------- I'm not at the top!!
10 - Swerytd
09 - ajp29
09 - ShoePie
08 - Kent Pete
05 - Greggles
05 - Happy Shopper
04 - Andy W
04 - losaavedra
03 - Stylo
02 - Imamazed
02 - Slack Bladder
02 - Paul Nash
02 - Boits
01 - Gavin
01 - EllieJP
01 - Skibbington von Skubber
01 - Ginger Jesus
01 - Nick Rivers
01 - Daddy Maz
01 - Martin Bickle
01 - Hellboy
01 - Winterlight

"I don't care about being on the leader board!!!!!". Aaaaaahhhhh ...

Honestly Leevil I have nothing against you but how can you possibly say that, me thinks it matters a great deal to you , that's why you pulled that stunt, but good luck, I genuinely hope it helps you get on.

Angelic

To be honest, chatting to some of the others on this site, the only way the ladder could appear " fair " again is if the winner of that particular competition, now Baumski, was awarded 10 points like the other ones. A few people, I can't mention any names , have lost faith in the points thing since then.

Are you winding me up?

No I'm not someone who winds people up Leevil, I just don't like to see unfairness that's all.

Well you have misjudged me, which is a shame.

Good day, to you.

I haven't Leevil. What you did was obvious to everyone on the site ,it's just others are more polite than me. :D

But you should just be honest about it . [Giving the points to Baumski is an admission of guilt anyway], But don't be too hard on yourself leevil, I'm sure many people have made mistakes like this before. Comedy, it seems is a very competitive business and sometimes people do stuff like this, I understand why someone would honestly.

Listen there are worse things you could be doing. You could be out in the middle east blowing the poor Iraqi's to bits for a start, so no hard feelings please.
:)

It's hardly on an Enron scale of corruption is it? You say no hard feelings, which is hilarious as your last message is loaded with it. You're just more surreptitious about it.

And "stealing" 50 points is hardly the Butterfly Effect culminating in the Iraq war. These competitions are for people to interact as a group, and just a bit of fun.

I totally agree Pilot but don't you think manipulating things so you get 50 points and thus remain top of table is a bit ridiculous if it is as you say " a bit of fun ".

And honestly, I do realise it's not exactly crime of the century, but I'm not a fan of that sort of stuff, messes it up for other people dont you think ?.

What a fantastic thread! Poor Leevil. Caroline - I don't think anyone on BSG takes the leaderboard to seriously. The comps are just ways to encourage people to keep writing - it's really up to the moderators how many points they give out for each competition. 50 points may have been a bit too generous (which is probably why Leevil and Baumski both tried to give them away), but they won fairly. Maybe it should be split between the two of them - or three if Charley judges Baumski's comp...

That's fair. 16.6666666666667 points each.

Rounded down to 5. :)

Caroline

I'm relatively new to the site and have submitted material to the competitions (voluntary with no prize rewards) and it was only in this week have I received one vote (thanks Baumski) but probably no points! Does this bother me? Not really, as Leevil points out, it’s a bit of fun and gets us writing. I think my writing has improved as a result of it but I do not lose heart when I see others winning (yes, it’s mostly the same people winning but I don’t think it’s through any conspiracy – it’s just that people have certain tastes that appeal to them – plus there are not many of us contributing).

We all have egos, it just may be that some have bigger ones than others, but you do seem to me to be taking this far too seriously than the rest of us. The silent ones you claim to represent may also be the ones with large egos may not handle not winning. If they are good writers they will of course believe in their work and not lose too much sleep over conquering the leaderboard.

Although, I recognise your opinions and agree that 50 points was a little high. However, I’m sure with hindsight and the cross-hairs well and truly on Leevil (and the unfortunate Baumski, now), something may now very much change.

In the meantime, I will continue to submit works to the site and proudly hold up the bottom of the leader board. My ego demands I do so!

It is thanks indeed for Leevil (and others) to organise these competitions and long may he do so. We are not press ganged into submitting work or indeed voting and i hope we are all old and ugly enough to enjoy our writing and respect that sometimes, one mans meat is another mans poison (interpret that how you like).