Funniest sitcom moment ever Page 7

Fawlty Towers - Basil The Rat Episode: The section where the Major goes hunting for the rat and gets kneed in the nuts by Basil.

The scene in The League of Gentlemen where Papa Lazarou 'becomes' George. The Legz Akimbo gay play is one of my favourites too. "I'm happy with who I am, and what I am. And if people don't like it, they can go kill themselves like mum did"

Partridge is full of classic moments, but my favourite is probably the one with Alan's stalker - "No way you big spastic, you're a mentalist!"

And of course; 'Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!'

How not to live your life.

I like the part where they hire the old lady to pretend she is his nan.
and she wakes up half way through with a cup of tea in her hand.
and the song was pretty funny aswell.

So much of Alan Partridge does it for me as well but a recent best moment is Larry David apologising to David Schwimmer's dad on his hands-free carphone and gets rammed before he finishes his sentence: "Hi it's Larry David just ringing up to say… you f**kin' aashole, what's your f**king problem you prick!"

The bit in The Green Green Grass where the Driscoll Brother's machine gun his front door down and then the following few lines. Classic.

Humphrey locked out of the Cabinet Room !

:D

is brilliant that green green grass has been cited as having a classic comedy moment. It was pretty crap but still did have the ability to be very funny.

Peep show...the part at marks wedding where jez starts pissing himself.

Quote: youngian @ August 18 2009, 2:36 PM BST

So much of Alan Partridge does it for me as well but a recent best moment is Larry David apologising to David Schwimmer's dad on his hands-free carphone and gets rammed before he finishes his sentence: "Hi it's Larry David just ringing up to say… you f**kin' aashole, what's your f**king problem you prick!"

<3

I nearly burst a blood vessel laughing at that. Brilliant.

I'm gonna add another -

The whole nudey pen wanking scene in Extras is comic genius. Especially when he sees Barry having a wank as well and just storms out saying 'Oh for f**k's sake.'

I love the part in The IT Crowd when Roy thinks he's having a heart attack but it's just his mobile vibrating

Here's some that crack me up:

Several elements of Britain's Got The Pop Factor etc mainly surrounding the character (and naming of) R Wayne

Porridge - when Fletch gets a medical, is asked to fill the flask "what from here?" and blames everything on his feet ("have you ever been a practising homosexual?" "What with these feet? Who would have me?")

Blackadder the Third - the explanation of a rubber button. I mean a rotten borough.

Joking Apart - the scene with the bedroom window, Mark, Becky, a bed and beckys new lover which may or may not have been the estate agent she left Mark for, I can't quite remember. Had me in tears.

Fawlty Towers - pretty much all of Basil the Rat, which I think is the best single episode of anything ever.

Quote: bigfella @ August 11 2009, 8:03 PM BST

Planting the rubber tree in the bog in OFINTG

Definitely among my top 3 sitcom moments - Meldrew mentioning Frank Spencer at that moment helps :)

As to Keeping Up Appearances, my favourite scene was one of the endless dinners-gone-wrong-because-of-her-relatives... I cannot remember the actual embarrassing thing Hyacinth had to go through, but as she ran by the room the guests were in, she threw open the room's doors and let out a shrill, forced laughter to unsuspecting guests, who jumped all as one - they actually had no idea what was going on outside the house.

Basil the Rat is definitely my fave episode.

Quote: Marc P @ August 11 2009, 11:43 PM BST

it'd?????????

:D

A commonly used contraction of the phrase "it would". But I'm surprised to have to tell a writer that. :)

Quote: Christian Cawley @ August 20 2009, 1:28 PM BST

Britain's Got The Pop Factor

:O

I mean, :O

There are too many funniest moments for me. I could name alot from various shows

From Goodnight Sweetheart for me it was an episode in series 5 where Phoebe end up in the 1990s and has to stay in Gary's shop until the time - thingy - m - bob opens again. She hears modern music (Republica) and asks what it is, only to be told that is Vera Lynn on a new label. Plus the moment she was sat in the toilet and shouted out "What's a Toilet Duck?"

In Birds Of A Feather - Dorien singing Like A Virgin - Quality

For 2point4 Children I can't choose between alot of them but I always end up on the floor watching Parent Trap with the cockroaches in the box of chocolates. That and the episode with the cobras - Frenzy.