Leaving the BCG Page 7

I've got time on my hands.

('Emoticons' is probably the word I hate more than any other.)

Edit
====
And anything that derails Seef**ks leaving thread is fine by me.

On another note: I can't see how the Internet is looked down on as less than real life. We write letters and phone but we don't often think the same way about that kind of comms as we do with Internet pals.

A forum is just a big telephone conversation that everyone gets involved in. Plus you can learn about people's personalities in a similar (though slower) way to real life.

As to Dara - Seefacts, promise me we'll never have a newbie here complaining about that effing rude Seefacts wanting to know where the nearest transvestite-friendly eatery is. eh?
:)

Not picking holes in Seefacts's reasoning, like I said everyone's different.
But, I am on here a LOT. And still manage to have 'a life' outside of the board. So I don't see how someone reeeeally needs to make a choice between the two. Especially if they are only on once in a blue moon.

I guess if it's genuinely interfering with your work. That's the unfortunate thing about having the internet on the same machine that you do all your work on.

Quote: zooo @ July 31 2009, 5:38 PM BST

But, I am on here a LOT. And still manage to have 'a life' outside of the board. So I don't see how someone reeeeally needs to make a choice between the two. Especially if they are only on once in a blue moon.

I guess if it's genuinely interfering with your work. That's the unfortunate thing about having the internet on the same machine that you do all your work on.

Personally I can only work with distractions by habit.

Do you all remember Seefacts' 'Social etiquette and boundaries' thread?

It was a killer! Enjoy (in retrospect!).

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/12275

Quote: SlagA @ July 31 2009, 5:34 PM BST

On another note: I can't see how the Internet is looked down on as less than real life. We write letters and phone but we don't often think the same way about that kind of comms as we do with Internet pals.

I agree. Particularly in the case of internet dating. Growing to know someone slowly, eventually meeting up. Or have a car-crash speed meeting, probably whilst half-drunk, a meaningless slag, and then starting to talk again 2 months later.

I'll take the 'net, thanks.

Quote: Aaron @ July 31 2009, 5:52 PM BST

Or have a car-crash speed meeting, probably whilst half-drunk, a meaningless slag, and then starting to talk again 2 months later.

Ah, the good ol' days. :)

And who are you calling a slag?

Quote: Morrace @ July 31 2009, 5:50 PM BST

Do you all remember Seefacts' 'Social etiquette and boundaries' thread? It was a killer! Enjoy (in retrospect!).

Ooh, Dara missed his chance on that one. :D

Quote: Aaron @ July 31 2009, 5:52 PM BST

I'll take the 'net, thanks.

Yep.

Quote: zooo @ July 31 2009, 5:38 PM BST

Yep, agreed, it's not aimed at SF, just an observation. :)

Heh.
'Internet dating'. That makes it sound like you joined an agency.

But you can't really tell what people are like over the 'net. Like what they smell like. :)

Post giving Seefacts' view on a number of accusations removed by request.

Hi Seefacts

We've not chatted but when you get famous I'll tell people I knew you well anyway.

All the best in your future projects - without distractions they'll be no stopping you.

Jx

Quote: Seefacts @ July 31 2009, 6:32 PM BST

Proving I am in fact a total arse.

Nah, you were quite right, it was the reaction of some of the others that was arsey. Like that giant banned arse Don.

Pity you feel the need to quit posting altogether, I don't see what's wrong with just coming on every now and again, but good luck with everything.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 31 2009, 7:31 PM BST

Like that giant banned arse Don.

Oh has Don been banned?

Whoops, off topic.

Good luck with everything Seefacts, It's probably a good idea to take a little break if you feel that being online is wasting time that you could be using more productively.

All the best.

:)

Quote: Seefacts @ July 31 2009, 6:32 PM BST

Back for one night to defend myself.

Thought I'd add the correct version for people, just to get a balanced view.

GT parked himself next to me, fine, and then thrust his half page synopsis towards me asking for opinion. I read it and said there was not much to say as I'd need to see a script, and that my opinion is useless anyway.

He then asked about my stuff, I told him as mine was being pitched so I didn't want to go into it. Reasoning that "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" doesn't really work, what with it not being school. It was my private matter.

And no, I never rolled my eyes. Give that Tim was sat to my left, and GT my right, he'd have a job seeing even if I did.

Done.

No, not done. Actually I was talking to Bussell and you came over. Tim was sitting on the other side of the table, directly opposite you. My memory of events is pretty good as I didn't arrive until 10.15pm and everyone had been drinking for a while (except Aaron, obviously). The 'rolling eyes moment' was actually later. I didn't go off you straight away.

Regarding your material, I didn't expect you to go into any detail for the reasons given, but you wouldn't say a f**king thing about anything you'd ever written, not evening the running time or what kind of audience you were aiming at. At the time I wondered why you bothered to come to the meet, but in retrospect it seems to link up with Tim. One of the things you said to me when you were avoiding giving details was 'Tim's read my stuff'.

All of this needs to be seen in the context that you were one of the people I was actually looking forward to meeting you as we both detested Gavin & Stacey, which was all the rage back then. But in truth we got off on the wrong foot right away; When I said: "haven't you sold a script or something', you replied: 'Bloody hell, haven't you been reading the forum?' or words to that effect.

That was two years ago and maybe you're a different guy now, but back then you were a cock. As I've yet to read a word of your comedy, I still don't know if that arrogance is just hype.