What are you gaming? Page 17

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 28 2009, 11:04 PM BST

Agreed.

I like a good car game (Driver was great)

It was very fun. But it pissed me right off to begin with as it took me about a month to get past the tutorial at the start Angry

or some shooting shit (COD 4).

I can't get into first person shooters. I think it's the inability to see behind my character. I like third person, with a good adjustable camera.

Agreed.

I like a good car game (Driver was great) or some shooting shit (COD 4). So GTA is a great mix, and a fave.

Ooooh I love a good G-Con game too. Love the Time Crisis series. Barat! Barat! Peoun!

ACTION!!! *Bam Bam Bam* RELOAD!!

I not fussed on driving can't get feel of the car.

Quote: Leevil @ July 28 2009, 11:06 PM BST

It was very fun. But it pissed me right off to begin with as it took me about a month to get past the tutorial at the start Angry

I can't get into first person shooters. I think it's the inability to see behind my character. I like third person, with a good adjustable camera.

Yeah, that was a bastard. All those reverse handbrake turns 'n' shit. Great game though.

You should try Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, that's a great third person shooter. :D

Quote: Gavin @ July 28 2009, 11:07 PM BST

ACTION!!! *Bam Bam Bam* RELOAD!!

I not fussed on driving can't get feel of the car.

:D

It had a great feel, loved skidding round those corners. The last level was a complete bitch though.

Oh, did you mean Driver? Or just driving games in general?

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 28 2009, 11:12 PM BST

It had a great feel, loved skidding round those corners. The last level was a complete bitch though.

Oh, did you mean Driver? Or just driving games in general?

General

Wasn't Driver final level the one in limo?

Ah.

Yeah. That had me cursing my PS2 for yonks!

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 28 2009, 11:12 PM BST

You should try Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, that's a great third person shooter. :D

I will. :)

Another good game is Elder Scrolls: Oblivion for Xbox 360, PC and PS3. I do recommend it

Quote: Gavin @ July 28 2009, 10:57 PM BST

I used to play all the time. Games are quite boring of late.

This is true for me also. :(

I remember a time when all I was living for was a new Zelda game, now nothing seems too exciting. It's all a bit depressing.

Games I've completed?

Zelda: Twilight Princess
Zelda: Windwaker
MGS2
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Silver
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Fire Red
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Galaxy

*thinks* There's probably more.

I want a new DS game now...

's anyone else a Football Manager addict? 's the main activity of my holidays at the moment. *is sad* :$

Quote: PhQnix @ July 29 2009, 1:08 AM BST

Zelda: Windwaker

I keep meaning to pick that game back up. I've only got to the Fire Mountain Top (I'm probably making that up?) The bit with the Red Dragon? But I can't really be arsed with the inane chatter of the towns folk.

Which was also the problem with the N64 versions. Just let me play, dammit!

Quote: Leevil @ July 29 2009, 1:11 AM BST

I keep meaning to pick that game back up. I've only got to the Fire Mountain Top (I'm probably making that up?) The bit with the Red Dragon? But I can't really be arsed with the inane chatter of the towns folk.

Which was also the problem with the N64 versions. Just let me play, dammit!

Aw, I quite liked the characters in the Zelda games. Think it peaked in Majora's Mask with the side quests and stuff. Windwaker has some pretty good characters in Tetra and Medli though. The music always kept me going in Zelda games, some of the finest videogame pieces ever written - even in Windwaker where the main theme was almost completely absent.

I don't really pay attention to the music. But I suppose it that regard it's serving its purpose.

It's not so much the characters I don't like. It's the speed at which the text prints itself out. It's quite frustrating, especially when you talk to someone whose just admiring there pet or something?

Quote: Leevil @ July 29 2009, 1:25 AM BST

I don't really pay attention to the music. But I suppose it that regard it's serving its purpose.

It's not so much the characters I don't like. It's the speed at which the text prints itself out. It's quite frustrating, especially when you talk to someone whose just admiring there pet or something?

Hold down A, the text goes faster. Pleased

I am a bit of a nerd for my video game music, so I guess I would notice it. Geek

Cheers, I will try that.

That's cool. I'm glad there is appreciation for something that is probably overlooked by most. Even though just as much hard work went into as the rest of the game.

I'm from the Snes era and come to think of it, they did a great job at making music that stays with you, long after you've heard it. Mario and Tetris comes to mind :)

Quote: PhQnix @ July 29 2009, 1:28 AM BST

I am a bit of a nerd.

Me too. Pleased

Quote: Leevil @ July 29 2009, 1:32 AM BST

I'm from the Snes era and come to think of it, they did a great job at making music that stays with you, long after you've heard it. Mario and Tetris comes to mind :)

You could hum the Mario theme and I bet just about any body my age and a little bit older would recognise it. There is a dedicated group of people out there who follow videogame music. Their is a show called Videogames Live which tours all over the world with an orchestra performing music from games like Zelda, Metal Gear Solid and Mario. Hell, the first song I learnt on my guitar was the Metal Gear Solid theme!

Composers like Koji Kondo (Zelda, Mario etc.) and Nobuo Uetmatsu (Final Fantasy) have as many fans as some small indie bands!

There are many of us geeks. Geek

Quote: Robert D @ July 29 2009, 1:32 AM BST

Me too. Pleased

*goes to high-five and gets it wrong because years at the computer have reduced hand eye coordination to nout*