Michael McIntyre not swearing in his act

Refreshing change, I don't think Harry Hill does either

I can't say it's refreshing if a stand up swears or not, whatever fits their style and material. I'm an adult, a bit, or a crap load, of swearing doesn't bother me, as long as the swearing isn't a substitue for good material.

Quote: peter gazzard @ June 6 2009, 11:35 AM BST

Nor do the Chuckle Brothers.

I swear a lot during his act.

Quote: peter gazzard @ June 6 2009, 11:35 AM BST

Shame it's not funny!

When did Michael McIntyre stop swearing? He swore on the DVD. Frankly, I'd prefer it if he didn't. He doesn't need to.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 6 2009, 1:21 PM BST

I swear a lot during his act.

arf!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 6 2009, 11:46 AM BST

as long as the swearing isn't a substitue for good material.

Just what I was going to say. I can't stand it when comedians try to notch up cheap laughs by swearing rather than actually putting effort it, and getting a much larger, and more deserved, payback for it.

I think it shows how talented the comedian is when he/she can make an audience laugh without swearing. But that's just me. :)

What I DO want to know, and hope someone can tell me, are these 'Michael McIntyre Roadshow gigs' or whatever they're called, gigs to test out material for his tour???

I'm going to his tour gigs in October and I'm not sure whether to watch them or not-I don't want to spoil it...

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 6 2009, 11:46 AM BST

I can't say it's refreshing if a stand up swears or not, whatever fits their style and material. I'm an adult, a bit, or a crap load, of swearing doesn't bother me, as long as the swearing isn't a substitue for good material.

Ditto, motherf**ker!

Quote: Aaron @ June 6 2009, 12:05 PM BST

Nor do the Chuckle Brothers.

I hope that isn't a dig, why is every one on such a downer about the Chuckle Brothers?

Leave them alone they're ace.

He does swear in his act I only saw him a couple of weeks ago in a warm-up show. He doesn't swear in his BBC Roadshow as he's been told not to for that.

Does it matter whether he does or not?

Obviously on television it does, but to me, no.

Whether he swears or not is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. He's a comedy-by-numbers mediocrity of a stand-up. (Saw him on 'The One Show' the other night trading unfunny banter with Dr Sarah Jarvis - she was president of my med. school union when I was a 1st year - an interesting couple of stories about her as a student, I can tell you - or rather can't.)

Is McIntyre's new show on tonight?