Favourite titles...? Page 3

Quote: Bad dog @ June 4 2009, 5:22 PM BST

Bloody Mother F**king Asshole by Martha Wainwright.

Yeah!
That's also the only song of hers I like.

F**k Buttons have quite a good name, though you have to say it right.

How many different ways are there to say it?

Quote: zooo @ June 4 2009, 5:24 PM BST

Yeah!
That's also the only song of hers I like.

You have to admire someone who calls it that. I think the world would be better off with books/films/tv/songs having more colourful titles.

I don't know. My friends shout it as loudly as possible, which gives it a bit of extra edge.

Band names:

Melt Banana.
When People Were Shorter And Lived Near The Water.
Dr Phibes & the House of Wax Equations.

Quote: Griff @ June 4 2009, 5:22 PM BST

Sorry I wasn't around to respond to your query in real-time, Lord S, I was regrettably required to feign interest in a meeting at my place of employment. However I will PM you my mobile number in case any similar emergencies arise at any point during the rest of our lives.

Good man, just in case, I did actually mean thanks, as in genuine thanks! It took me a few minutes but from what you said I worked it out.

I have an album, well actually it's a cassette of an album by Baron Von Tollbooth and the Chrome Nun. They were an offshoot of Jefferson Airplane. It's pretty good.

It's another from Charles Burns' Goon Squad. He was/is a comic book artist and created a whole raft of weird and quite wonderful images, a number of them are collected in the Goon Squad. He must have had a very Freaky imagination, which suits me perfectly.

Quote: Griff @ June 4 2009, 5:22 PM BST

However I will PM you my mobile number in case any similar emergencies arise at any point during the rest of our lives.

Laughing out loud :D

Quote: PhQnix @ June 4 2009, 5:30 PM BST

I don't know. My friends shout it as loudly as possible, which gives it a bit of extra edge.

*shakes head* It's FUUUUUUUUUCK - BUTTONNNNNNS!

I quite like "Portrait of the Artist as a Young Dog" by Dylan Thomas, though I've never read it, it just made me laugh. 'specially with Elliot's rants about James Joyce lately.

Oh, isn't there a book called The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat?

Half Man Half Biscuit are proficient at funny, memorable titles. I particularly like 'Achtung Bono'.

Selfish C**t
Pete & The Test Tube Babies

Both Bands!

How could I forget the No 1 Jewish Cowboy / Fictional Detective / Musician Kinky Friedman with his touching lament to lost love:

'Come stains on my pillow, where your sweet head used to be'.

Quote: Lord Summerisle @ June 5 2009, 10:54 AM BST

How could I forget the No 1 Jewish Cowboy / Fictional Detective / Musician Kinky Friedman with his touching lament to lost love:

'Come stains on my pillow, where your sweet head used to be'.

Laughing out loud