America Page 2

Quote: catskillz @ May 17 2009, 6:10 PM BST

Thought you lot would be interested in reading this: http://www.harpers.org/archive/2002/03/0079095

That was a good read, thanks for putting it up!

I remember reading ages ago about how Hollywood very rarely take movie scripts from overseas, even solicited, coz they've got so much to handle locally. Has anyone got any insight to the situation now? What's the best approach for an unsolicited writer with no chance of going over there to pitch.

Cheers

Check this out as well: http://movies.einnews.com/pr-news/26593-jimmy-kimmel-helps-man-pitch-his-script-to-seth-rogan-at-the-vanity-fair-oscar-party

Also, click on the guy's website address, in the fourth paragraph, to read the full story.

Got re-directed to a German site.

It's sorted.

Wow. But I think the guy's crazy. If a star's production company says no unsolicited stuff I think you're asking for trouble hunting them down like that. And this guy only had a treatment. He wanted Seth Rogen to write it for him as well! He's got no chance.

He reminds me of myself, when I first started writing my script.

Being a Hollywood scriptwriter is my ultimate goal anyway but I haven't yet tried sending anything.

I won't bother with the US market, their style of character differs from the UK style of character too much. I'm going to try and break into the German market, translating my scripts into German and sending them to German TV. Germany imports about 90 percent of their comedy then dubs it into German, don't know if this is because their own comedy writers are rubbish but judging by the awful sketch shows (they do produce some funny stuff) I've seen it seems to be the case.

Also they only appear to have a handful of people who do the dubbing, it's quite funny when the evil character in a film is talking with Homer Simpson's voice.

To be quit honest, that guy should write the script himself.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ May 15 2009, 11:51 AM BST

I managed to get a film script to one guy in America who produced a couple of Will Ferrell films. Nice guy, but still a rejection. A few of the other producers I queried just ignored me sadly.

I almost forgot to ask, how did you manage that?

Quote: catskillz @ May 19 2009, 2:39 AM BST

I almost forgot to ask, how did you manage that?

I just found his e-mail address. Laughing out loud

So, what exactly did you send him? Was it just a treatment?

Quote: catskillz @ May 19 2009, 3:53 PM BST

So, what exactly did you send him? Was it just a treatment?

Nope, no treatment. I just sent him an e-mail with the logline and the script attached. He was also quick to respond albeit with a rejection.

So, has anyone got the name of a website I can go to, to try and find an agent?