I am sad for BSG at the moment Page 3

Quote: I'm Not Marshal Foch @ May 5 2009, 12:04 AM BST

Wow, with regards to my grammar -that's incredibly petty.

Petty it may be, but it's also in the board rules: https://www.comedy.co.uk/info/terms_of_use.shtml#BoardRules

Quote: I'm Not Marshal Foch @ May 5 2009, 12:16 AM BST

Three words - wind up merchant

;)

Well not entirely. Always. :)

Why not just quarantine any offending threads? Leave the viruses to play with each other and just let the thread die.

I threw a little paddy and deleted this post.

Quote: Aaron @ May 4 2009, 11:36 PM BST

If the writer community stopped being so obsessively insulated, disregarding of other aspects of the site and embarking on what is essentially vigilante justice mentality, then perhaps Aaron or Mark could do something about it.

I don't understand this. Can you clarify further please?

I've decided to come on here and momentarily at least drop my mask. Although I feel like I shouldn't have to justify myself to you guys, I'm sick and tired of all the rubbish.

Firstly I do not go under lots of alias' I have only one alias 'Nitram Skir' and also I am not in league or collaboration with anyone on here. I only ever go on critique because as woodmesiter said, most the other stuff bores me. I know there's no way I can prove it, all I can offer is my word.

I think some people on here just can't believe that there are people out there who like my stuff. I think there's a lot of jealousy around and some of you guys slave away putting on LOADS AND LOADS of sketches and get fairly average comments. Where as all though I may get some stick, I also get some very positive comments from genuine people (not mates of mine) who find my humour funny and dare I say the O word on here ORIGINAL! Arrrrghhh take it away! I don't like it! And I think some people find my work far more funny then the usual crap on critique. Comedy should be about taking sideways looks at thinks, making a break from the norm, satirising the status quo and most importantly be fun.

There is so much drivel on critique I don't know where to start. Like Woody I can't stand the tedious topical "Oh look Gordon Brown's put his finger in Barrick Obama's bottom" kind of sixth form humour which for all the vast sums of money it may make on news revue, it will never get you much further.

I apologise now if people were offended by my last post slagging off some of the members on here, but if you kindly read the previous threads you will see I was heavily provoked. I would also like to thank those who continue to praise my work and stick up for my RIGHT to do it, again I stress I do not know these people but I consider them now friends for their kind words. Also I would hate it if they felt they couldn't praise my work for fear of being linked to being me.

I have a unique comedic voice which may not be to most people's tastes. But as steve coogan says about comedy "it's better to be loved by the few, than quite liked by everyone"

Quote: Nitram Skir @ May 5 2009, 10:30 AM BST

But as steve coogan says about comedy "it's better to be loved by the few, than quite liked by everyone"

And he didn't manage either with Saxondale.

As Oscar Wilde so famously said: "I had the lasagne."

I think nothing further need be said on this matter.

Quote: Kenneth @ May 5 2009, 10:50 AM BST

As Oscar Wilde so famously said: "I had the lasagne."

I thought he said "I don't mind going to gaol, but do I really have to go to Reading?"

Quote: chipolata @ May 5 2009, 10:36 AM BST

And he didn't manage either with Saxondale.

:D

All this stuff about people using multiple personalities is most amusing, considering some of the people on here haven't got enough personality for one identity, let alone several! Ha hum.

I am just me and me alone. I am gutted I've been missing out on all the gossip else where. Shows I have a tough reign over here in General where no one is naughty! :)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ May 5 2009, 10:58 AM BST

I thought he said "I don't mind going to gaol, but do I really have to go to Reading?"

Completly off topic but could a clever person tell why we have two different spellings of gaol / jail?

Quote: EllieJP @ May 5 2009, 1:48 PM BST

Shows I have a tough reign over here in General where no one is naughty! :)

That could change. ( Thinks of amusing alternative identity.....Mr ShitBuckles, Sir Hair, Bridgestock Arthurness....)(and so on until we fall asleep)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaol#Gaol