Continuity

Dunno if anyone watches Primeval, but episode two of the current, third series contained the worst continuity error I have ever seen. Across three scenes it went from bright day, to night, to bright day again, and then clearly establshed via the dialogue that only "a few hours" had passed. It was hilariously bad. Can anyone beat that with a better continuity cockup?

There was one in this weeks episode of Lost. Ben's shirt had blood on the collar, then the next scene it had disappeared and then later on came back again.

I can forgive that though because the episode itself was bloody fantastic.

Quote: Martin H @ April 12 2009, 3:57 PM BST

I can forgive that though because the episode itself was bloody fantastic.

But not bloody enough. :)

David Tennant said on breakfast television that RTD ws the best writer in British Televsion and then the Doctor Who special episode went out later.

:)

Quote: Marc P @ April 12 2009, 4:25 PM BST

David Tennant said on breakfast television that RTD ws the best writer in British Televsion and then the Doctor Who special episode went out later.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Don't talk to me about continuity errors! There was this one time when so he said Leonard Bernstein and we just looked at one another got out of there PDQ.

Has anyone ever seen the horror movie Basket Case?

The first time I watched it I threw up from laughing so much! Its riddled with hilarious continuity errors.

It's a low budget horror movie about siamese twins, check it out!

Quote: Martin H @ April 12 2009, 3:57 PM BST

There was one in this weeks episode of Lost. Ben's shirt had blood on the collar, then the next scene it had disappeared and then later on came back again.

Actually the second time you saw him, he'd time-travelled in from the past.

Quote: Marc P @ April 12 2009, 4:25 PM BST

Hmm. Yes. It wasn't his best effort, was it?

A few years ago, before he took over Dr Who, the Beeb did a special programme about RTD, promoting him as some sort of legendary figure, even though at the time, he was only really well-known for Queer as Folk. Since then, there has been constant praise from people who work for the Beeb, despite constant moaning from many of the fans. Why do they keep telling us how good he is, when we can all see for ourselves his (ahem) 'inconsistent' style?

Quote: Ironhide @ April 12 2009, 3:11 PM BST

Can anyone beat that with a better continuity cockup?

Plan 9 From Outer Space. It changes from day to night and back again several times in the same scene, including in one place where it flicks from day to night as a car pulls up!

Last weeks Holby had a dog get hit by an ambulance outside the hospital in broad daylight, a vet was called (in broad daylight), the vet tended the dog (in broad daylight) and advised he be moved to the surgery (in broad daylight).

Then they showed the dog being bundled up and taken off in a mini cab in what looked like pitch blackness.

Quote: Maurice Minor @ April 14 2009, 9:47 AM BST

Then they showed the dog taken off in a mini cab in pitch blackness.

Haven't you people heard of solar eclipse? :P